What Are Some of Your Favorite Sad Songs
Feb 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #167 of 200

Because nice Electronic Music does exist.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #169 of 200
I have a been puzzled by finding a song I heard on the radio, I just can't seem to find it anywhere no matter how much I google for it. It is about a breakup and the only line I can remember is: "It's not that easy for me as it is for you" or something along those lines. It was sang by a soulful artist, he sounded similar to John Legend. Any of you guys know the song by any chance?

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #170 of 200
  I have a been puzzled by finding a song I heard on the radio, I just can't seem to find it anywhere no matter how much I google for it. It is about a breakup and the only line I can remember is: "It's not that easy for me as it is for you" or something along those lines. It was sang by a soulful artist, he sounded similar to John Legend. Any of you guys know the song by any chance?

This?

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #171 of 200

This?

Yes thanks that is it. I actually found the live version of the song from him on youtube and it sounded so different that I thought it wasn't the right song and dismissed it during the rest of my search.
But it's the right song. Don't like the song as much now that I hear it again though. Thanks anyway!

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #172 of 200

Dec 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #175 of 200
- "Adagio for Strings", Samuel Barber (Bernstein with New York Philharmonic)

- "Apron Strings", Everything but the Girl

- "Psalm 121", Pat Metheny Group

- "Who Wants to Live Forever", Queen

Dec 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #178 of 200
"Hurt" - Johnny Cash
"Make it Stop" - Rise Against (Just an incredibly amazing song)
"Hero of War" - Rise Against
"Lonely Day" - System of a Down
"Bother" - Stone Sour
"Scars" - Papa Roach
"Move Along" - All-American Rejects (Okay maybe not sad, but about moving away from it. One of my all-time favorites.)
"It Ends Tonight" - All-American Rejects (Same thing as above)
"Face Down" - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
"Breakeven" - The Script
"Pain" - Three Days Grace

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #180 of 200
Nick Cave - Ship Song

-I'd say just about anything by Nick Cave would do. :)

Two of my favourite sad songs from him are from the 'In weiter Ferne, so Nah!' soundtrack - 'Cassiel's Song' and 'Faraway, So Close'. Especially the latter is IMHO a great example of how Nick Cave manages to churn out some of the saddest and most depressive lyrics in popular music, while at the same time conveying a glimmer of hope at the same time.

Me loves me Nick Cave albums. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back