What are some of the biggest scams you've seen in portable audio products?
Jul 4, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmk005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monster Cable is generally hugely over-hyped IMO. Richard Grey power conditioners too, but not portable.

My first job in highschool was at radioshack.. They gave us bonuses for selling monster cables. I always felt bad trying to push them on people because I knew it was all BS. haha
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #18 of 26
I GOT A JOB TODAY I GOT A JOB TODAY!
smily_headphones1.gif

the end

Jul 4, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first job in highschool was at radioshack.. They gave us bonuses for selling monster cables. I always felt bad trying to push them on people because I knew it was all BS. haha
frown.gif

We gotta do what we have to do to survive, don't feel too bad about it, because if there is a hell we are ALL going to be in it...
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Im supposed to, but I know its BS lol. To be fair, they are better than super cheap cables, but certainly not worth their price.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im supposed to, but I know its BS lol. To be fair, they are better than super cheap cables, but certainly not worth their price.

Monster does not make cheap cables but their marketing makes you feel/look cheap if you don't buy them. I am a business person and I appreciate companies making a profit off of anything legal and moral.

I realize Head-fi has a lot of real Bose haters but I don't fault Bose for succeeding. I will take the stones thrown at me and say I do feel they have made some innovations through the years have even have some good engineers. Heck, I bet there are many on this forum who have owned Bose products and feel they were the quality expected when they purchased them. I personally feel Bose is over priced but I do not feel they are over-hyped. My parents love the small size of their wave radio and it does have big sound for it's size. To them that's what they wanted to so they paid the $400 for it.

What has Monster designed innovated except for regular material/design made to look expensive and more colorful? I am only speaking about cables here, not any of their line/power conditioners.

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #22 of 26
i dont think its so much that they hate bose, but its mostly that they hate how everyone thinks they're the crap, when really they are not worth the price you pay for the performance you get out of it.

Jul 5, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Heck, I bet there are many on this forum who have owned Bose products and feel they were the quality expected when they purchased them.

Well, that is not entirely fair. Sure people got the quality that they expected, but it is only because they never heard higher end and so they didn't know that it is out there. Also, no one doubts that bose has picked up quality engineers, but the issue is they haven't put them to use to justify the price they slap on their product. Quite honestly, I was at a friend's place listening to his bose speaker setup and it suddenly occured to me that I was getting no more detail or quality out of them than the $20 sony portable phones I had heard earlier. Point of fact, when you get so big that you entirely ignore the rest of the market and charge whatever you like, people should be permitted to rag on you all you want. It doesn't matter, you've been ignoring and can go on ignoring.

Also, my issue (which is the real flame bait): iAudio X5. I don't care what anyone says, that does not sound how music is supposed to sound. (Get a Zune!)

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 26
erm, if you mean play for sure in general than I have to disagree, sure enough everything with a play for sure label played play for sure tracks.

If you are referring to play for sure's absense from the zune, then yeah, I have to agree, that was pretty ratty. Still can't resist the SQ though...

Jul 5, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #26 of 26
If Sony had Play for sure writen on their boxes many people off this forum would start to buy them!

Bigest scam - battery life... most manufatures state something thats about a thrid more than you will actually get.

I strugle to get 12 hours out of my ZVM with EQ on.... more like 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back