What are some of the biggest scams you've seen in portable audio products?
Jul 4, 2007 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

EsthetiX

1000+ Head-Fier
I thought this could be a fun one... I will start with iPhone. LOL no IM JK jk.. No wars please
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will start with iPhone.

Dammit, I saw the thread title and thought 'iPhone', beaten to it by the very first post!
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 26
Sansa E200... All the reviews said it had good SQ!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, i did get it for $130

Jul 4, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastianbf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one word: Bose

Dang, you beat me to it.

But, yeah, I would've said Bose, for sure.

Bose is a lucrative "high-fi" company for a reason, and that's because of their marketing tactics and the ability to convince unknowing and unsuspecting consumers that anything sold by them are high fidelity products...

Jul 4, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 26
How do you define scam? It has a pretty negative connotation.

I don't find any of the things mention above a scam. They operate in their own business models and target certain markets. If you're speaking of value, everybody has their own judgement of that.

Jul 4, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #11 of 26
Bose have good marketers, every time I talk about headphones I bought to my friends/relatives they always assume I bought "BOSE."

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #12 of 26
Well there are some commercials on BOSE in Holland, but it's far from anything populair....

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you define scam? It has a pretty negative connotation.

I don't find any of the things mention above a scam. They operate in their own business models and target certain markets. If you're speaking of value, everybody has their own judgement of that.

I don't mean literally scamming people in legal terms. I'm referring to companys that hype their products way above their actual performance capabilities and use fancy technical jargon and marketing to confuse people. Bose has been a classic example of this.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the fake shure IEMs on ebay.

That's messed up, how can people get away with such a thing.

Jul 4, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #15 of 26
it's not just shure. there are tons of mockup phones that will fall apart the minute you get them.

most Chinese Mp3/Mp4 mockup players are pretty bad, but Meizu is trying to fight through that Chinese stereotype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back