What are some of the best non-custom fit earphones???
May 4, 2010 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Aaron52101

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in buying a pair of earphones to fill the gap for activities my Sennheiser HD 650's can't fill. I'm looking for near the best in that category. I'm not interested in any of the custom fit stuff. I have heard lots of praise on the Shure SE530's, and while they retail for $500 ive seen them as low as $250 at some places which is a plus. What do you guys think?

May 5, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 35
DBA-02, SM3, IE8, Westone 3 and JVC FX700......

May 5, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 35
We also need to know what type of music you listen to. Giving us a price point and no music preferences is like handing the dealership money without telling him what car you want.

May 5, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron52101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
90% Rock.

Can I also get more specific recomendations and personal opinions from people also, I'm pretty much just want to know what you think the best is.

This will vary a lot according to each person, as not everyone owns dozens of IEM. I only own FX and the IE8. For rock, you would need fast response and good clarity. It depends on your budget, I'd say Monster Turbine Copper Pro, CK-10, Ck-100, FX-700, Ortofon e-Q7, UM3X, Earsonics SM3, and some other IEMs should be in your list. It's confusing at first, but try reading some thread to see some comparisons.

This is one useful review:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...n-e-q7-484031/

May 6, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #9 of 35
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/476315/top-tier-universal-iem-comparison-chart-frequency-response-charts-discussion-first-post-updated-often

You should read this one too, I believe someone posted this link before. It's a chart of impressions of the high end IEMs.

May 6, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #12 of 35

Quote:
IIRC the IE8's were regarded as the king of rock (or close abouts), so perhaps take a deeper look into those!

WERE being the word.  More like a queen or a duchess nowadays than a king.  
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 35

Quote:
If you're talking about rock, I would suggest IE8 and e-q7. I've heard many top end universal iems, and those are my preferences.

Depends if he
IE8) Doesn't want his rock music up front and in his face (which is how I like mine). The IE8s have a lot of bass but that mid-bass hump might get in the way. Also he should make sure that they are fast enough for his type of rock. (I don't know about this one, he should read up on it).

May 6, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 35

Quote:
90% Rock.

Can I also get more specific recomendations and personal opinions from people also, I'm pretty much just want to know what you think the best is.

I would definitely look at the Westone 3s! More thank 16 months with them and they are still my favourites. Many others have come (and some gone), but the W3s are still tops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back