What Are Some Good Headphones for Around $100?
Aug 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #19 of 24
Since you listen to rock/metal etc., you need a headphone with a rather neutral frequency response with a good midrange and extended treble. Fun sound signatures usually work best with dubstep, house, electro, techno, trance etc. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #20 of 24
If you're heading to NYC, J&R music world (jr.com) down by City Hall is a good place to demo headphones. B&H (bhphotovideo.com) uptown may also; I'm not sure.

FWIW, I've had Grado SR-60i's for probably a decade, and they never get old. I use them daily at work; after a few hours they get a little uncomfortable, but no one's ever complained about sound leakage.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:
Since you listen to rock/metal etc., you need a headphone with a rather neutral frequency response with a good midrange and extended treble. Fun sound signatures usually work best with dubstep, house, electro, techno, trance etc. 

Indeed, and neutral can be very fun when pair'd with the right amp.

Although my w1000x, was a fun headphone, then I modded it to make it MUCH more Nuetral, and with my Matrix M Stage it's very enjoyable. and but not FUN I guess... but enjoyable is just as much a joy to listen to as Fun is

now back to fun, my dt 990 is both fun with and without eq, and enjoyable without eq!

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #23 of 24
is it memory foam..?? i tot its some lesser foam...  great choice, u should have a blast...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back