what are some good, around $50 and under headphones
Aug 15, 2007 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Leoml88

Head-Fier
nothing really bulky, just some nice over the head headphones that have good sound quality and around $50 or less.

I was looking at the Sennheiser PX200's, how are they? i've heard the Px100's sound a little better, but I at least moderate isolation and I don't want everyone around me to be listening in to my music, so those are out.

Anyways, based on headphones of that size, what else is there for around that price that are good?

Aug 15, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 22
honestly, just about everything. I'm a classical musician, so clarity is pretty important, as I listen to a lot of classical and jazz. I also love all styles of rock, from stuff like The Beatles, to Red Hot Chili Peppers (good clear bass is important as well), to punk and heavy metal. I also have some hip-hop and techno, but not as much.

so, I like a full range with lots of clarity basically.

Aug 15, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 22
Well, if you can stick with IEM's, I have just the thing, the Super.fi 3 Studio's from Ultimate Ears. You'll have to splurge a tad and get the clear ones for like $61, but it's totally worth it.

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 22
its a possibiltiy, since I do want to replace my sennheiser IEMs, but I really want to get some closed headphones that aren't too big, something that I can be isolated but still kind of hear outside noise. Plus, I want something comfortable and easy to put on since I'd wear them a lot while using my computer

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #7 of 22
i always see pez recommending sf3 :s...
when the OP clearly said headphones..
tongue.gif

PX100/200 are very good headphones,although at $50 you can't really expect much clarity.

somebody's gonna say KCS75 so i'll just say it now.. although, i prefer px100 better.

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #9 of 22
The OP also asked for isolation, so the PX100's don't work, nor do the SportaPro/PortaPros, KSC75s or SR60s.

Anyhow, at $50 there are a few closed cans that sound alright. But you can also screw up badly too. Depends on what kind of sound you are looking for.

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OP also asked for isolation, so the PX100's don't work, nor do the SportaPro/PortaPros, KSC75s or SR60s.

Anyhow, at $50 there are a few closed cans that sound alright. But you can also screw up badly too. Depends on what kind of sound you are looking for.

IMO, maybe some closed Sennheisers. There's not really that big of a selection for isolating headphones at $50 (that are good).

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, maybe some closed Sennheisers. There's not really that big of a selection for isolating headphones at $50 (that are good).

There's also the beyerdynamic DT231 which sounds alright as well do the HD205's and eH250's. And the Sony V6's are okay if you can tame down the highs.

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by big-fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i always see pez recommending sf3 :s...
when the OP clearly said headphones..
tongue.gif

PX100/200 are very good headphones,although at $50 you can't really expect much clarity.

somebody's gonna say KCS75 so i'll just say it now.. although, i prefer px100 better.

well they are great IEM's.

Aug 15, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #15 of 22
you say I can't find good sound around that price, however I bought the Sennheiser cx300's for around there and they are great, I love their sound (although its definitely goten worse as they wear and tear from the gym)

I haven't really shopped for decent closed headphones before so I guess maybe the whole pricerange is different. Is the px100 and px200 worse than the cx300? I'm very slightly leaning to the px200 because they are sennheiser and in terms of size and design they're exactly the type of thing I'm looking for, but I'm remaining cautious because they don't get as good reviews when it comes to sound.

basically, if I like the cx300, will I like these? if not, what closed headphones are similar to these IEM's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back