What are K1000s running now?
Apr 25, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 28
Didn't want to interrupt your discussion guys, but... The person who is selling is me and I am not trying to look for sympathy up here.
The word that gets me is FAIR. Can you tell me is it fair to pay like USD2000 for PS1? Even you don't need an expensive amp, but K1 can be run from TA10.1 as well, which is like USD 130 shipped. So if you summarize all this you will be cheaper buying K1 plus budget apm than only PS1, which need the amp as well, IMO.
Once again, I am not looking for any sympathy of any kind. K1 sells like for USD 1100 for some time up here, in good condition I mean.

Cheers
cool.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Possenti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they still make them? If not what they run used?

no and more than i want to spend.

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 28
People are charging more and more for them on here as the days go by. I personally wouldn't pay more than $1000, but I've seen many here try to sell them in the $1300 and $1400 range
blink.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't want to interrupt your discussion guys, but... The person who is selling is me and I am not trying to look for sympathy up here.
The word that gets me is FAIR. Can you tell me is it fair to pay like USD2000 for PS1? Even you don't need an expensive amp, but K1 can be run from TA10.1 as well, which is like USD 130 shipped. So if you summarize all this you will be cheaper buying K1 plus budget apm than only PS1, which need the amp as well, IMO.
Once again, I am not looking for any sympathy of any kind. K1 sells like for USD 1100 for some time up here, in good condition I mean.

Cheers
cool.gif

Not really a matter of "fair" or not, is it? If the market bears your price, then the market bears your price. If not, you'd have to decrease it. You can be as sensitive about your pricing as you like, but frankly I'd encourage anyone interested to wait till they can find a set for closer to $1k... that's pretty average for someone who can be patient. Anyone looking seriously at this phone SHOULD be patient considering the investment. It's a sensitive phone to amping... saying otherwise is pretty much blasphemy. You don't see too many pairs in "bad" condition either, this is a collector's phone as mentioned. Hell, I got lucky and found a set for $750 in a shop in SoHo last year. I won't defend the fact that I sold them for more than that once I decided they weren't for me, but I still paid attention to fair market value.

Granted, the entire discussion could be avoided if you hadn't popped in to defend your pricing, but I think anyone else is just as right to say "it's worth less" as you are to say "it's worth more."

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really a matter of "fair" or not, is it? If the market bears your price, then the market bears your price. If not, you'd have to decrease it. You can be as sensitive about your pricing as you like, but frankly I'd encourage anyone interested to wait till they can find a set for closer to $1k... that's pretty average for someone who can be patient. Anyone looking seriously at this phone SHOULD be patient considering the investment. It's a sensitive phone to amping... saying otherwise is pretty much blasphemy. You don't see too many pairs in "bad" condition either, this is a collector's phone as mentioned. Hell, I got lucky and found a set for $750 in a shop in SoHo last year. I won't defend the fact that I sold them for more than that once I decided they weren't for me, but I still paid attention to fair market value.

Granted, the entire discussion could be avoided if you hadn't popped in to defend your pricing, but I think anyone else is just as right to say "it's worth less" as you are to say "it's worth more."

FWIW, I was optimistic for getting 1200 about a month or two ago when I sold mine (I really needed the money) and ended up settling for 1050, I thought that was fair price. *shrugs*

Apr 25, 2007 at 10:32 AM Post #11 of 28
You can call it what ever you like, but I wasn't defending my price.

defend USD2000 for PS1 first
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #14 of 28
Guys, supply and demand. Especially for these cans. Let him charge what he feels.

Apr 25, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #15 of 28
Hey, your avatar, is that Rob Pilatus from Milli Vanilli...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has very seriously derailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back