What are groovalizers?
Mar 4, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek
groovalizers are headphones which "groove." I consider most of the "groovy" headphones to be colored crap buckets but thats because most of these phones aren't audiophile (they don't represent the input signal/actual recording and color it). Sony crap V700DJs are "groovalizers," they have a great colored sound but audiophiles tend to detest them. Sorry if I'm being harsh but that's just the way I look at it.

Then again, HD650s are just unbelievably good "groovalizers" with audiophile equipment and recordings (vinyl is even better!).

Cheers,
Geek

My HD600s are groovalizers for me with some nice beat-driven industrial, hardly audiophile music at all. My system is colored towards being slightly dark yet lively, and the HD600s are just plain heavenly for me with it, especially thanks to the Oehlbach cable. Laid back they are, but at the same time quite involving in my system. I've tapped my foot more to these things than any other headphones, best of all they are relaxing enough to listen to that I can keep them on for hours. I may have a "colored crap bucket" of a system, but damn, it sounds good
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2004 at 11:24 AM Post #17 of 22
i will try to shake my booty to some sort of Tibetan chanting rituals next time...
biggrin.gif

but really, i personally think a good sound quality can somehow improve the sound itself... bad song can sound better when heard using high end stuff i think.. it will make it slighly more interesting... hehe...

Mar 4, 2004 at 12:39 PM Post #18 of 22
My CD3000s I consider to be groovalizers, especially now with the Perreaux SXH1, I just forget about the system and listen to the music with this rig, and thats what its all about. The DT531 are also great groovers, and the DT770, but I find its excessive bass detracts as well.

Mar 4, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
My CD3000s I consider to be groovalizers, especially now with the Perreaux SXH1, I just forget about the system and listen to the music with this rig, and thats what its all about. The DT531 are also great groovers, and the DT770, but I find its excessive bass detracts as well.

mhh.. I thought you were the "SHOCK HORROR, I think I prefer cheap headphones..." guy
smily_headphones1.gif

What made you change your mind?
(Also, how are DT531s unamped out of the terratec?)

cheers,

Taurui

Mar 4, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #20 of 22
I was until I heard the CD3000s properly amped. Some folks might even say that because they are coloured they dont sound like expensive (aka neutral) headphones. However, it would be IMO unfair to say the CD3000 didnt sound expensive, they have a seductive sound all of their own. By and large though, a lot of high end gear does indeed put me off...

I dont know how the DT531 sound unamped out of the Terratec because first the Terratec does not have headphone outputs (RCA / Optical only) and second because I dont own the DT531 any more, only the Sonys.

Mar 4, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #21 of 22
Ozric and NeilPeart have already pretty much nailed it, but I guess the absence of disturbances should be mentioned as well. For example, the DT770Pro/250 is no groovalizer for me because of the disturbing amount of bass.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back