What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would like?
Mar 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 54
1) better sound quality
2) better sound quality
3) better sound quality

Its all that matters to me, don't care about storage, battery, gapless etc.

Yes we always want better sound quality. It is a main concern for us as well.
  For me it would be the ability to use it as a DAC for both Windows and MAC. I know the driver exists for Windows PCs but I'll be damned if I can make it work with my work laptop (could be down to permissions perhaps). My FiiO E17 has no such issues and I use that at work instead.

Some players have a chip so it is plug and play for Mac. We have the Windows permission that we paid for. I do not know if it will ever have Mac compatibility. I am sorry.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 4, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 54
I am using always rockbox and the port is working flawlessly. This would not be without the iBasso development team! Thanks a lot.
So in the rockbox point of view this could be fixed:
a) get the framebuffer bug fixed : on the right side of the LCD there is a vertical "ghost" line that remains with the content of the second last line was when LCD came "on" after it was off; left and bottom, there is a pixel line cut off
b) 
c) 

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #18 of 54
Hi Paul,

Love, Love, Love my DX90.  The only things I would ask for are;

1)  Playlist support.  I like to have my music and audio books separated by playlists.  In music, sometimes, I'll want to play all, or others, just certain lists I've put together.  It's the only way to do it with massive libraries.

2)  If possible, a fixed Line Out for use with amps.  I mostly listen with In Ear (Which are driven well) but sometimes, I would like to be able to use my HD600s.  My only concern is forgetting volume after the big cans and putting my in ears on.  Don't want to blow my eardrums out.

3)  The ability to buy an extended battery cover for the player.  Not sure the feasibility of this, but it would be nice to drop a longer lasting battery in and not worry about the lack of protection on the back.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for all the great listening!!

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 54
Some players have a chip so it is plug and play for Mac. We have the Windows permission that we paid for. I do not know if it will ever have Mac compatibility. I am sorry.

Don't get me wrong, the DAC part is secondary to the DAP side of things, it's simply an added bonus that would be nice to get working (without an advanced computing degree ;o))). The player itself has massively exceeded my expectations and the above shouldn't be taken as criticism, merely an observation.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #20 of 54
Perfect gapless with MP3s, yes I do still have some and I can sometimes still here a tiny gap. Also a bit more effect when adjusting the EQ, I only seem to hear changes with certain bands but if that is what it's supposed to be like then fair enough.

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #21 of 54
1. Bitrate and codec on main screen
2. SU 1.3.3 sound signature out of the box
3. Last.fm timeless log support

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #22 of 54

Good to hear, I personally would be happy with 4hrs playback and 16 gig if it sounded like a portable CD12.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #24 of 54
  Perfect gapless with MP3s, yes I do still have some and I can sometimes still here a tiny gap. Also a bit more effect when adjusting the EQ, I only seem to hear changes with certain bands but if that is what it's supposed to be like then fair enough.

The new EQ coming should satisfy.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #25 of 54
Love my DX90. 3 things I would like to see are:

1. Main menu of My Music should be able to re-order. So that my most used selections are always on top. Such as Now Playing, Artist, Album, Genre, etc....
2. Locked Line Out as others have mentioned. I forget to change the volume when I switch back to headphones. Saves ear drums.
3. Show battery as percentage.

Thank you,
MvdL

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #26 of 54
... it is kind of funny that Paul started this thread at around the same time with the rumour about an upcoming release of a new firmware started. I think it is almost impossible to include a massive wish by the community (like for example true gapless playback) without having to spend some weeks of programming and testing. Well, if the development team is big, work can be shared... 
I don't mean to be negative, just try to be realistic. I work in a development department and I know how much additional work it means if the customer comes with new wishes when a project is almost finished. In my case we have to do what the customer wants but in ibassos case i guess they will leave away what will cause too much work because the possibility to place wishes came late. 
But anyway, iBasso is giving this possibility while other manufacturers have no after sales activities. And the players are veeery good as they are with current firmwares :)

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #27 of 54
If you can widen the soundstage a little I'd be all for that. 
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #28 of 54
  ... it is kind of funny that Paul started this thread at around the same time with the rumour about an upcoming release of a new firmware started. I think it is almost impossible to include a massive wish by the community (like for example true gapless playback) without having to spend some weeks of programming and testing. Well, if the development team is big, work can be shared... 
I don't mean to be negative, just try to be realistic. I work in a development department and I know how much additional work it means if the customer comes with new wishes when a project is almost finished. In my case we have to do what the customer wants but in ibassos case i guess they will leave away what will cause too much work because the possibility to place wishes came late. 
But anyway, iBasso is giving this possibility while other manufacturers have no after sales activities. And the players are veeery good as they are with current firmwares :)

It was a matter of timing. The FW for the DX50 and my question are not linked and they are. I asked because we care what people would like. Yes it is amazing how much testing you have to do. It is a challenge but little is worthwhile that is not. 

Mar 7, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #30 of 54
It was a matter of timing. The FW for the DX50 and my question are not linked and they are. I asked because we care what people would like. Yes it is amazing how much testing you have to do. It is a challenge but little is worthwhile that is not. 

So I'm sorry. I did misinterpret this. Thank you for listening to customers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back