What Amplifier Do You Use For Your Sony XB500 Headphones?
Dec 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bassheadspl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi headfiers, just curious to know, what amplifier do you use for your pair of Sony Xb500 headphones? Is there any people on this forum that power them from a powerful desktop amplifier, like the fiio e9? The reason why i am asking is because currently i power my Sony xb500's from a portable fiio e11 amplifier and want to know if its worth getting desktop amplifier, like the fiio e9 to get more bass from my headphones, than the fiio e11 can deliver without clipping the signal at high bassy volumes.

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi headfiers, just curious to know, what amplifier do you use for your pair of Sony Xb500 headphones? Is there any people on this forum that power them from a powerful desktop amplifier, like the Fiio e9? The reason why i am asking is because currently i power my Sony xb500's from a portable Fiio E11 amplifier and want to know if its worth getting desktop amplifier, like the Fiio E9 to get more bass from my headphones, than the Fiio e11 can deliver without clipping the signal at high bassy volumes.

The 24-Ohm Sony MDR-XB500 should work better with the Fiio E11 then the Fiio E9, as the E11 has a very low impedance (like .5-Ohm).
Where as the E9 has a 10-Ohm impedance.

Dec 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Hi headfiers, just curious to know, what amplifier do you use for your pair of Sony Xb500 headphones? Is there any people on this forum that power them from a powerful desktop amplifier, like the fiio e9? The reason why i am asking is because currently i power my Sony xb500's from a portable fiio e11 amplifier and want to know if its worth getting desktop amplifier, like the fiio e9 to get more bass from my headphones, than the fiio e11 can deliver without clipping the signal at high bassy volumes.

Heya,

You're not going to get "more bass" from "more amplification." You just need to equalize and tweak the sound. More current will not make bass better here, as these headphones are so efficient they do not even need an amplifier what so ever.

They are already as bassy as bassy is going to get. The E11 with +3db of hard bass added with the EQ can be replaced with a Digizoid Zo for "more bass" (which is just another way of actually equalizing with hardware) or a CMOY which has more boost as well for bass frequencies.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back