What amp to go with K701?
Jul 12, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21
Hey guys Ive got enough money now to get an amp for my K701s, and I've searched through head-fi and haven't found enough threads with the info that I'm looking for. My target price is 300-400 but can afford higher, and I don't mind getting one that goes for more than that new but can be bought at that price used. I've seen people say there is good synergy with the RSA SR-71, Woo3, Corda Aria, Gilmore Lite, Millett Hybrid among others, anyone try the total bithead looks interesting because of the usb connection. I would really like feedback from people who have the K701s, but of course people who don't have them but are knowledgable are welcome to chime in. I also made a poll previously about budget amps and although I basically messed it up a lot of people seem to like the M^3 so that's a possibility too. My sources will be the Iaudio X5L(line out) and my computer which has the chaintech av-710 with kernel streaming. My music is FLAC/WAV/CBR+VBR mp3s. Oh and it doesn't have to be portable I will mainly use it at home.

One of the best amps i've heard with the 701s, was the headroom desktop amp, its $599 (and up), but sounds great with the 701s, there is a lot of options you can choose too, and the crossfeed actually helps with the 701s soundstaging issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back