What Amp/ DAC you will take with Fostex TH-X00?
Feb 7, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #77 of 83
While I definitely have fallen in love with theese headphones, I agree that they do tend to sound quite bright with the e10k. I heard the highs were were supposed to be toned down, but i find myself having to listen at an even lower volume than i did with the dt990's. Thanks again for the recommendations, im keeping my eye out for a used idsd or chord mojo.

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #79 of 83
Just got some of these awesome cans and I'm trying to make the same decision...

I'm liking the looks of a JDS EL Amp + EL DAC...
Anyone tried this gear or other JDS stuff like the O2?

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #80 of 83
^I use my TH-X00 with an SDAC and a JDSLabs O2. Works fine, and is absolute overkill for volume. With 1x and 3.3x gain settings, I keep it on 1x and don't ever get the volume past 10 o'clock on the dial, not unless I'm playing some poorly encoded video with an AAC soundtrack.

I don't have issues with the treble in my TH-X00, unlike some others. It just never affects me adversely.

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #81 of 83
Nice.

Yeah I'm really leaning towards JDS gear, or perhaps Fostex ... HP-A4? Wonder if anyone's tried this pairing..

Mar 31, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #82 of 83
Nice.

Yeah I'm really leaning towards JDS gear, or perhaps Fostex ... HP-A4? Wonder if anyone's tried this pairing..

I'm currently running my th-x00's through a HP-A4 and really love the combo. The little guy powers everything including my Klipsch powered monitors and balanced M1060's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back