What Amp/ DAC you will take with Fostex TH-X00?
Dec 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #16 of 83
I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on the Schiit MMU stack compared to the m9xx. Is the m9xx worth $200 more if I don't care about portability? I was reading a review comparing different dac/amps and it suggested the Schiit MMU stack really opened up the sound stage more than others and also was slightly leaner on the low end and both those appeal to me especially for less money.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #18 of 83
I'll have both a Schiit Vali 2 an a Project Starlight from Garage 1217 coming at me this month, so I'll be happy to let you guys know how the hybrid tubes fare with the Th X00 

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #19 of 83
The Grace m9xx is pretty sweet with these, I like it a lot (serious bang for the buck device), but I'm most happy with the Zodiac Platinum.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #21 of 83
When I grab a pair, I look forward to pairing it with my WA7. I'm eager to hear how well it will respond, and tightening up the lower and higher end frequencies. I'll also be using it with the LG V10 when I desire to listen to music, but would much rather not be at my desk.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #22 of 83
  When I grab a pair, I look forward to pairing it with my WA7. I'm eager to hear how well it will respond, and tightening up the lower and higher end frequencies. I'll also be using it with the LG V10 when I desire to listen to music, but would much rather not be at my desk.

hmm I need to try these with my V10
as well 

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #24 of 83
Does anyone know how these would pair with the Sony pha-2

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #25 of 83
Currently running them out of my audiolab m-dac and they sound great. Thinking of getting a schiit amp if it would significantly improve the sound quality---any advice?

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #26 of 83
  Currently running them out of my audiolab m-dac and they sound great. Thinking of getting a schiit amp if it would significantly improve the sound quality---any advice?

I've not heard the m-dac, but I'd say if you're happy with the sound, stick with it. I do think the Magni 2U pairs nicely with the X00s though.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #28 of 83
does anybody know how an Aune X1s would pair with these?

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #29 of 83
This looks nice - Parasound Zdac v2. However I'd prefer the Grace in the poll as it has crossfeed.

I currently use the Meier Audio Corda Classic/Daccord combo, which is great. I had been considering selling to get the smaller/simpler Grace, but it may be too much of a downgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back