What am I doing wrong?
Nov 14, 2010 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TennisForte

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, a few months ago my RE0's failed me when on of the earbuds died, head-direct sent me a new one and again same thing, same earbud. So I'm not sure if they just sent me a refurbished product which failed again or if they sent me a new one either way there's obviously something I'm doing wrong here and I was hoping you guys could help me I.D. the problem. When these ones died on me, I was pushing the right earbud into my ear and then I noticed it wasn't making any noise. What am I doing wrong? Am I just plain unlucky? AGhhh I feel so terrible for wasting this money.

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 13
Wow, a few days ago my right earbud died as well... How did you get your replacement? Was it cause you had it covered by the warranty date? Cause my RE0's condition looks completely fine its just one day the right earbud sound just cut out. You only can hear a tiny tiny miniscule sound from it.

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 13

Quote:
Hi guys, a few months ago my RE0's failed me when on of the earbuds died, head-direct sent me a new one and again same thing, same earbud. So I'm not sure if they just sent me a refurbished product which failed again or if they sent me a new one either way there's obviously something I'm doing wrong here and I was hoping you guys could help me I.D. the problem. When these ones died on me, I was pushing the right earbud into my ear and then I noticed it wasn't making any noise. What am I doing wrong? Am I just plain unlucky? AGhhh I feel so terrible for wasting this money.

just send them another email..even if you were pushing on the cable while inserting them, they shouldn't break, also, pushing on the phones casing shouldn't cause any damage either

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 13
I think I can get them replaced since it's within 1 year, but I just don't want the next to pair to break again; what causes this to happen? THe Re0's are highly rated on this site and I was just wondering if some of you avid users could lend insight on how you get them to not break.

Nov 14, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 13
How do you treat them? Some things which seem innocuous (like winding the cable around a DAP) can actually do some damage over time. Do you keep them loose in a pocket or bag or do you use a case? Not to imply that you do mistreat them, but it's good to get that out of the way.

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 13
Umm this will be a stupid question but what is a DAP? I treat them well, I wrapped up with the little plastic twist tie that it came with, in the other thread someone mentioned that they may have broken due to driver flex or something whereby the pressure level changed something really quickly courtesy of things like pulling it out of my ear too quickly but in this case when the failed me I was just trying to get a nice seal, it's not like I pushed them unbelievably hard or anything

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 13
yeah, if you wrap them around your ipod or w/e with the plug still plugged in, it'll break them eventually.  i had three pairs of sony IEMs do that to me before i finally wised up, and used the carrying case the CK10s came with.

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
yeah, if you wrap them around your ipod or w/e with the plug still plugged in, it'll break them eventually.  i had three pairs of sony IEMs do that to me before i finally wised up, and used the carrying case the CK10s came with.

It'd also break your DAP if something accidental happens to that joint while connected.

Happened to me when I accidentally sat on a pool table with my DAP on my backpocket. The pressure broke both earphones and the DAP, doh.

So, yeah, I definitely agree with the wisdom of unplugging your headphones before you store it away. It just works so much better that way.

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #11 of 13
Ok, I used to wrap them around my ipod last time around, but this time I just tied them up with the twist tie and set them away. Maybe my ears are just weird or something. Let me ask you guys a another rather stupid question; how do you achieve a seal? I mean I just gently push them into my ear while twisting them and what not, and then once I feel the suction effect I assume I have a good seal. Is this method wrong? It was during this process that my last ones failed me, possibly I pushed them too far in? I was using the smaller non-dual tip things (I dunno what they're called). While I'm at it another question when I had them plugged in any motion created a really annoying moving noise just like if you cup your ears and drum your head with your fingers, is there a way to reduce this noise? I was actually going to run with these IEM's while listening to music but given my experiences I think it's probably not the best idea.

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #12 of 13
That's actually a tough question to answer.

I based the seal on how the headphone/earphone sounds. Whenever I get an IEM, I play around with it and all the possible tips to see where I'll get the best sound quality. That's how I judge whether I got the seal or not.
rolleyes.gif

On your second question, what you are talking about is the microphonics. That could be decreased by wearing the cable under your shirt and over the top of your ears. However, I have yet to encounter a headphone that doesn't suffer from microphonics while I am running... It is not like I could pay attention to the music while I am anyway though!

EDIT: Additionally, I just realized you are talking about the RE-0... I could be misinformed as I have never owned those earphones, but I have heard about durability issues with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back