What album did you buy today?
Dec 30, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #31 of 44
122909.jpg

not really an album but an EP

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #34 of 44
Gidon Kremer - Lockenhaus 1983 (4-LP box set)

Back story: Recorded at an early version of the chamber-music fest Kremer cofounded in Austria, this set is from the long-defunct German label Orfeo, which shut down abruptly (in 1986, I think) and kinda turned into Teldec when Orfeo's label-head was on the run from the German authorities. (Somethin' about defrauding investors.) The LPs took advantage of "direct metal mastering" (DMM), which may be why even a semi-audiophile like me can tell they sound great. I scored a sealed box for 15 chips on eBay.

Composers: Brahms, Webern, Boccherini, Mozart, Schubert, Kuhlau, Bruch, Chopin, Faure, Bartok, Ives, Messiaen, Schnittke, Shostakovich, Milhaud, Asriel, Joplin

Dec 31, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #36 of 44
Pelican-What We All Come To Need
PelicanWhatWeAllCometoNeed.jpeg

Russian Circles-Geneva
russian_circles_geneva.jpg

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #38 of 44
handjob for a cowboy really needs a new name.... especially if they continue in the direction they are headed and actually release a good album

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #39 of 44
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (newly re-mastered LP)
The Smiths - The Smiths (newly re-mastered LP)
The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (newly re-mastered LP)

Jan 3, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidult /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (newly re-mastered LP)
The Smiths - The Smiths (newly re-mastered LP)
The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (newly re-mastered LP)

How do they sound? Some of the remasters I've picked up from other artists have been on the disappointing side. I'd get Meat Is Murder if there is noticable improvement in sound quality.

Jan 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they sound? Some of the remasters I've picked up from other artists have been on the disappointing side. I'd get Meat Is Murder if there is noticable improvement in sound quality.

oops... I don't have the original LP to compare. It definitely sound better than my CD
tongue.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #44 of 44
010410a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back