What album did you buy today?
Dec 24, 2009 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Pincher

100+ Head-Fier
albumcoverDianaKrallParis.jpg

mmmmm...vinyl.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 44
Under the Tree, wrapped from my wife with only 2 more days to wait "Mark Knopfler" GET LUCKY!!!!!! On 180gram VINYL You'll love that Diana Krall on Vinyl!!!

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 44
Just bought this:
5706876568068.jpg

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pincher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but 5 is too many at once. :p

confused_face_2.gif

Excuse me?

Dec 25, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will say as humbly as possible that once I bought 190 cds in one shot:-/

It would take me a while to work through that stack! I just bought 5 today (a bit of an impulse...)

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pincher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but 5 is too many at once. :p

I think part of the reason it is 5 at once is to minimize huge post count accumulation as has been seen in the What Are You Listening to Now threads

I am ambivalent about this thread.
it would be cool to have a place to post about recent purchases and discuss, even stuff like " oh nice, I have that one too enjoy!" or "cool I've been thinking about picking that up how do you like it?"

but so many people buy and post purchases that the thread ends up moving too quickly to have discussions and then I stop checking back for discussion from others, therefore I stop contributing to discussion and cease to encourage others to continue discussion......

that being said I just bought Pop Ambient 2008 from Kompakt. Been enjoying their Total series of compilations for several years so will try these ones out.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will say as humbly as possible that once I bought 190 cds in one shot:-/

190 new CDs? Used? Garage sale ¢25 sale? Full retail?

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #15 of 44
190 CDs all at once takes away the pleasure of listening.....
confused.gif

I didn't buy any today - it's Christmas. Don't subscribe to OCD materialism. OCD ...? Yes. Materialism? Yes. Together? Lol!

Well I did get sent some albums though. Here's one:

The Shepherd's Dog '- Iron and wine'

516AhzHZK5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I'll be curious to hear what it's like. I often prefer finding out what drives others to listen to the music they do; rather than just finding anonymous albums with pretty covers. Otherwise it does become a kind of errr.... OCD list
smily_headphones1.gif

Haven't heard this one. Only thing I like about it so far is the dog on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back