What age did you grow out of metal?
Feb 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #31 of 37
My listening tastes have grown as I have aged but at 50 I am still a passionate listener of metal.  I don't like all metal but I'm pretty sure I will never grow out of the stuff I really like. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #32 of 37
My tastes started to change soon after I began college.  I wouldn't say that I don't like metal, in fact I've listened to songs that I used to listen to and I still enjoyed it, but I barely listen to metal at all anymore.  I still appreciate a good metal song.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #33 of 37
Metal isn't something you "grow out of" unless you were listening to it to fit in or something. Tastes may change and you may not listen to it as much., but you don't grow out of it.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #34 of 37
When I 1st saw the thread title, I assumed the thread was a joke topic 'cause the title is a "dis" to anyone into metal.

Hell, like any art form, taste in music is a personal thing.

1 of my favorite concerts of all time was seeing Black Sabbath about 35 yrs ago. Still into them...among other stuff.

BTW what made that concert especially great was that the opening act was a new young band called Van Halen.

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #35 of 37
I'm nearly 22. I started listening to metal around 15, but I'm slowly drifting further away.I think I'll always like it - I definitely appreciate and respect the genre. I just prefer electronic music lately, but every now and again I don't mind a bit of metal.

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #37 of 37
I don't think age is the end-all determinate of who listens to Metal, although it does play a big role. Like all music, it depends on where your disposition is. When I was in a darker, more aggressive place in my life I was listening to Metal like crazy... Thrash, Death, Folk, etc... My foundation has since then changed to a more calm disposition and Metal doesn't really do much for me anymore. I actually find it off-putting, now. Downtempo Electronica is my preference as of late. So yea, it's where your state of being is at. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back