What age did you grow out of metal?
Feb 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 37
Grew out about...6 years ago? Maybe 7. Actually getting back into it. Really missed it as a 'genre'. 

So much quality Metal being released now-a-days. It's almost as hard to keep up with as good Electronic music.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 37
I'll be 41 in a few months, still haven't outgrown metal! That said, I'm more of an old school metal fan (Sabbath, Metallica, Motorhead, etc...).

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #7 of 37
I'd have to say I grew back into it. I sort of liked the heavier stuff in high school (hair bands, grunge, etc), but didn't really have access to much more in small-town Iowa. In college I spent a lot of time "chilling" and listening to more trip-hop and electronic, but after that I realized it wasn't really my favorite normally. I started getting back to the heavier stuff and eventually grew to like a wide range of metal, and now it's pretty much all I listen to. I'm 37.

As far as the new Black Sabbath, I will be doubly-thrilled if that article is accurate in its characterization of both the music and the mix. Musically BS and Paranoid are just awesome, but I also love how they sound. Paranoid on headphones is awesome - it's easy to pick out each instrument both sonically and spatially. And Black Sabbath (sans title song) almost sounds like a really well-mixed live album.

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 37

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #12 of 37
Quote:
Still havent grown out of it.  Like to listen to it on occasion.  Especially the live shows. Nothing better than getting a bloody lip filming a mosh pit.

i grew out of it when i was about 18, never listened to any metal since. except live shows, as you say, theres nothing like a good mosh pit! turisas are giving a show in a couple of months - cant wait to get all black and blue!

Quote:
For some reason I am reminded of this scene.

one of the funniest shows ever!

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #13 of 37
Never really grew out of it.  Listened to a lot of the "Pop-Metal" bands in the 80s and 90s, fell off for a bit, but got back into it recently with a lot of European Power Metal.  No reason to grow out of it in my mind.  Don't like some of it, but I still love what sounds good to me.

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #14 of 37
i never grew out of metal... rather grew out of music. My hobby of headphones is pushing me back into musical habits. Doom metal is my favourite, but there is so little classy stuff in metal nowadays, i have to look to older bands again and again.

Feb 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:
i never grew out of metal... rather grew out of music. My hobby of headphones is pushing me back into musical habits. Doom metal is my favourite, but there is so little classy stuff in metal nowadays, i have to look to older bands again and again.

wait, what? you "grew out" of music, but because of your love of headphones, your getting back into it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back