What age did you grow out of metal?
Feb 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:
wait, what? you "grew out" of music, but because of your love of headphones, your getting back into it?

yup... can you believe it?? i started to get good headphones due to gaming and some modern hiphop maybe... and then i discovered head-fi:D... i literally messed up my mind and i got a little obsessed... and maybe now as i am not a teenager anymore, i tend to enjoy classical music a lot more than before and having great headphones like hd650 or he500 helped me in admiring the finer things.

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:
yup... can you believe it?? i started to get good headphones due to gaming and some modern hiphop maybe... and then i discovered head-fi:D... i literally messed up my mind and i got a little obsessed... and maybe now as i am not a teenager anymore, i tend to enjoy classical music a lot more than before and having great headphones like hd650 or he500 helped me in admiring the finer things.

lol, kinda the wrong way around isnt it? well, so long as your listening to music and your pleased - why not? =]

Feb 16, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #19 of 37
Haven't yet and probably never will, but the genre is so broad. Very little hair metal in the rotation now; lots of black metal - Krallice, Wolves in the Throne Room, etc.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:
When the singers started screaming instead of singing. I still listen to the old stuff, though, and I suspect I always will.

Recent metal doesn't mean harsh vocals. I think you could give a try to My dying bride's A line of deathless kings, Stratovarius' Polaris or Katatonia's The great cold distance. And there are so much more.

I got into music with metal. Cradle of filth and Lordi were the first bands I remember listening to on purpose (though I completely have left Lordi behind). I hated Trivium back in these days... It was just screams and harsh noise... Now I've migrated from "classic" metal, and listen less to Metallica or Megadeth, and more to Sigh or My dying bride.
It's the genre I listen to the most.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #22 of 37
Damn near any power metal band has clean vocals as well.
Quote:

Recent metal doesn't mean harsh vocals. I think you could give a try to My dying bride's A line of deathless kings, Stratovarius' Polaris or Katatonia's The great cold distance. And there are so much more.

I got into music with metal. Cradle of filth and Lordi were the first bands I remember listening to on purpose (though I completely have left Lordi behind). I hated Trivium back in these days... It was just screams and harsh noise... Now I've migrated from "classic" metal, and listen less to Metallica or Megadeth, and more to Sigh or My dying bride.
It's the genre I listen to the most.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:
Why would you grow out of metal?

To do what, listen to Celine Dion?

No thanks :)

Yep. My sentiments exactly.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #27 of 37
What age did you grow out of *insert your favourite genre here* because obviously if you're X years old you're too old to enjoy it. /sarcasm, if you couldn't tell from the fact my avatar is Opeth's logo.

EDIT: I'm 30, by the way. Love Opeth, Tool, Devil Driver, Type O Negative, Pre-Karmacode Lacuna Coil, Nightwish... you don't grow out of metal. Metal grows into you.

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #30 of 37
I'm in my 40's and have varied musical taste. Baroness and Bullet for my Valentine got me back into Metal bands. I'm currently experimenting with Mastodon, Gojira, Opeth and a German band called Die Ärtze.

Still love Anthrax, Metallica, Testament and Iron Maiden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back