What after Etys ER 4P?
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that like of of them $500 Oxygen-free, neodymium, silver-electrically implenated kind?
biggrin.gif

Dude, its $200. Not even gonna ask what 'implenated' means.

Quote:

On the same subject, are there customs that offer a similar presentation to the Ety's? Just wondering

Not really from what I gather, but you can get custom tips from Westone I believe. (Custom fitted Etys could be quite interesting).

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, its $200. Not even gonna ask what 'implenated' means.

Not really from what I gather, but you can get custom tips from Westone I believe. (Custom fitted Etys could be quite interesting).

Haha.. and I'll be checking out those custom tips
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: What's the price on those custom tips? I can't seem to find it.

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

You can also get from HearYourself.com and they happen to do it for the shures and superfi 5's.

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

[AK]zip recable

Gotta Link?

And what kind of specific improvement have u noticed?

Nov 28, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the same subject, are there customs that offer a similar presentation to the Ety's? Just wondering
smily_headphones1.gif

Ever read reviews of the UE-10s? I can't imagine that you wouldn't be satisfied with those.

Nov 28, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #23 of 31
Thank you for your replies. I guess I will stay with the Etys. How the sound is going to change , when they are converted from P to S? Is there any difference between a 3 year old and a recent ER 4P(S)? Thanks.

Nov 28, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
personally i think they are the best single driver iems out there

why not get another pair of P's, get a P TO S convertor, get custom moulds and a recable for the ultimate IEM experience.

anything else wouldnt be an upgrade but a downgrade!

X2

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #25 of 31
Go to APureSound - Where The Music Is Always Pure. Also, go to the Member of the Trade sponsored forum as I'm sure [AK]Zip has a thread there.

I've tried the Super.Fi 5 Pro and E500. Neither were my cup of tea, and I sold them both and stayed with my Ety ER4P. I like the Ety so much that I have two. I also have the Ety P-to-S cable.

Since the cable on my older set need repair, I took the occasion to order a replacement from [AK]Zip. After the magic he performed on a recabled KSC75 I heard at a recent Head-Fi meet, I was convinced of Alex's workmanship and improvements his work delivers. I'm waiting for delivery and can't wait.

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The recabled ER4 is really sweet, Alex
biggrin.gif

Just a small question, I'm using ER4p and I wonder if you can do both converting it to ER4s (I mean not using the converter) and recable?

The cable on the ER4 IEM's is removable. The P / S model is dependent only on the cable as the actual earphones are all the same. The APureSound cable is built as either the P or S model. So if you purchased a ER4P you can get a S cable and you now have the ER4S's with an upgraded cable. Custom resistances are also available for people who really want to tweak the IEM's for their use.

Thanks,
Alex

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #29 of 31
You should try and get a pair of triple.fi 10 pro. Thats what I upgraded to coming of the ER-4P. They sound better than the 4-S aswell IMO. The Triple.fi is a step up in detail, dynamics, timbre, bass extension, etc. They have great transparency and great articulation aswell. I like them much better than the e500 because they have very good upper treble extension. The Ety though is ever so slightly more extended up top. other things.... are that the sound of the triple.fi is more spacious and imaging is better, however, the ety's sound more open and sounds more like listening to a set of speakers. And lastly the Ety is more lively while the Triple.fi is more laid back and more refined because of the slightly recessed mids. Oh... before I forget, In my opinion, the ER4-P sounds better than the Triple.fi if you have the earphones playing straight from the ipod. The Triple.fi sounds(alot) better when you through a headphone amp into the mix compared to the Ety. This is my opinion.. hope this helps..good luck.
etysmile.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can go directly here:

APureSound - Where The Music Is Always Pure

To find out more info on the ER4 upgrade cable along with prices and pictures.

Thanks,
Alex

alex has been great with my specifics and really was understanding and great copmmunication all the way - if you want an ety recable apurseound is the best option by far!!, i cant wait to get mine, i believe my actual cable is the red and blue RA one.
smily_headphones1.gif

01.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back