What after Etys ER 4P?
Nov 27, 2007 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

kamenal

Head-Fier
My beloved Etys ER 4P need replacement. I like everything about them: SQ, isolation and even comfort. Short of going with a new pair of the same, would you recommend some other in ear phones? Is there any difference between Etys, purchased 3 years ago, compared to current version? I listen to classican mostly.
Thank you for your thoughts.

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 31
I tried Shure E500, which could be considered an upgrade if you look at the price tag, and they don't reproduce classical very well. The sound is more lush, everything is rounder, but you lose a lot of details and the rolled off treble is not my cup of tea. The bass of the E500 is better than stock ER4P, there is more impact and you can really feel it, though I think bass extension is comparable. Vocals sound more distant on the E500 and the sound overall is more laid back than ER4.

The best choice you could make IMO is to buy a pair of ER4S with a good portable amp and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 31
personally i think they are the best single driver iems out there

why not get another pair of P's, get a P TO S convertor, get custom moulds and a recable for the ultimate IEM experience.

anything else wouldnt be an upgrade but a downgrade!

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 31
I'd suggest staying with the ER4P--it's still considered an excellent IEM even by 2007 standards.

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #11 of 31
Nothing comes close to the detail and quality of sound from Ety ER-4's

I liked my UE 5pros and very much like my E500s, but neither has the detail or speed of my Etys... just get another pair IMO they are still on top and you can appreciate them all over again
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[AK]zip recabled Etys xD

x2. My Etys really shined after the recable.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zimm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. My Etys really shined after the recable.

Is that like of of them $500 Oxygen-free, neodymium, silver-electrically implenated kind?
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #15 of 31
Have you listened to Etys with the stock cable, then [AK]zip's cable? It made a difference for me and other members here. For me the difference in sound between both cables was worth the asking price. Which was less than $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back