what about half.com?
Mar 27, 2008 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
Half is another part of ebay that you can buy and sell the media stuffs. I've been using it lightly over the years and I love it. The great thing is it's not an auction, you just list what you have, using the ISBN code, and wait for a buyer. I've sold my college textbooks there with success. Able to buy some rare cds not in major store, and games at fraction of the new cost. Another thing is it uses credit cards, and not paypal, seem strange the fact that it's an extension of ebay.

I guess the reason why I like it is because there isn't the hassle of ebay with the auction and the sniping. Haven't gotton scammed yet. Please share any good or bad experience you've had with the site, since I never seen people mentioned it, only about ebay all the time.

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 11
Interesting.
I willl definitely check it out.

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 11
No International shipping
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 11
Half.com is a great place to check for used (and sometimes new) books, videogames and CDs. In college, it was the best way to get rid of your old textbooks. It's had a lot more competition now from Amazon marketplace, but it still seems to be thriving, even though ebay was about to get rid of it a few years back.

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 11
i buy books,cds and games off half all the time .. usually comparing against amazon marketplace.

great site.

Mar 29, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 11
great place to get previous edition textbooks at highly reduced prices. Ive used it quite a bit (both selling and buying) for some semesters. its a great place to save money.

Mar 30, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a school book over at half.com and never got my book. Eventually, I was able to get most of my money back, but it was a fight the whole way!

Hmmn, that's a shame. I've never had to go through the process. Is it anything like a paypal claim?

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #11 of 11
I used to sell my textbooks there and made back a lot of cash. Also bought some CD's for good prices. For whatever reason though, I havent done any business there in a while. I have a ton of textbooks that I could sell. Just lazy I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back