What about Earpollution?
Jul 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Fjantefot

New Head-Fier
I have not really seen any threads about Earpollution. Maybe it´s nothing for audophiles but I wonder, is their headphones any good?
I look for pretty stylish (not a must), good quality and cheap headphones. I am not ready to spend more than maybe 120 USD for a pair of headphones and because of that I got my eyes on Earpollution. I actually have "Earpollution Toxik" and as you maybe know they are very cheap. 
Anyway, for that price (about 30 USD) I think the quality is more than OK. The built quality may not be the best and of course you can´t get the deepest bass for that price but it´s still some positive things about "Toxik".
If you want to kill your ears with very, very loud music you may want to check out these.. They can make you deaf!
They are pretty stylish too and the sound is not too bad. The sound is actually very clear.
They are VERY comfortable and I really mean it. You want to have them on your head all the time..!

Anyway, maybe you have a pair of Earpollution and I would love if you could tell me (and others) what you think about them.
I bought Toxik because I did´nt have any other headphones at that time and I really needed a pair quick but now I want a pair of headphones of higher quality.
What do you think of iFrogz Earpollution Mogul?
I listen to 50s, 60s music and also a lot of pop so I do not need a lot of bass.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 7
Never heard of Earpollution. If you're ready to spend up to $120, you've got a LOT of other great options.

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't think you'll find a lot of people here that know about EarPollution . . . it's just too low-fi that its going to fall under most everyone's radar.  Having said that, I just happened to have owned a pair of Moguls once.  I would say no, do not get them.  The sound quality was disappointing at best, and the build quality left much to be desired.  They're easily outperformed by a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 Mk II (which are only $25).

I agree with kckc.  If you are willing to spend up to $120 you have MANY better options - but NOT if you absolutely need to have all the crazy color thing going on.  If you'd be willing to definitively say that you want substance over style, you'll get lots of good recommendations.  We're kind of weird here in that we put sound quality first. 
smile.gif

Quote:
If you want to kill your ears with very, very loud music you may want to check out these.. They can make you deaf!

Uh, why would I ever want to do that? 
confused.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Okey, thank you!
No, the style is not the most important thing for me but I do not want them to be ugly ^^
About the loud sound.. Hehe, many people LOVE to have their music on so loud that it will make them deaf one day.. At least all of my friends O_o
I have heard many good things about Sennheiser so I will check them out!

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 7
I can certainly understand not wanting ugly cans.  Just sayin' that form follows function is all.

If you're looking for something that is similar to your Toxic in terms of general portability (meaning closed-back, on-ear, low-impedance, high-sensitivity headphones) . . . and if looks do matter . . . then you might want to ask some people here about Sennheiser's HD 220 Originals or AKG's K 518 LE.  Both can be had for about $50 and tend to look a bit more exciting than standard black offerings.  I haven't heard either of the above though (which is why I suggest asking others about them) but I would expect that either would be a substantial improvement over the Toxics.

In terms of portables, I myself have a Sennheiser HD 238 and an AKG K422.  I think both sound fantastic (albeit in different ways) and would wholeheartedly recommend either as a decent pair of portables (though the K422 is semi-open so it will leak sound).  And finally, if your needs/tastes change and you decide you want more bass, a Pioneer SE-MJ751 may also serve you well.

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #7 of 7
Sure, no problem.  Whichever one you pick, please come back and leave your impressions on it.  It helps everyone when we share our experiences. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back