Whadja get for Christmas?
Dec 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

NapalmK

Headphoneus Supremus
Just curious to know what other Head-Fi'ers got for the holidays. I got a couple pairs of jeans, some great CDs, a nice flyfishing vest and net, and a Moki Bird and Trout knife.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 13
A cruise, along with the rest of the family. :D. We're going to the Mexican Riviera next week. I don't think I'll get anything material, though I'm going to buy myself a nice 10k stepped attenuator for one of my upcoming builds.

I gave an iPad to my sister's family and got my parents a new flatscreen for their bedroom.

Dec 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 13
I got my Grado 325i's, Dexter seasons 1-4, couple other BluRays, 13 Shades of Blue CD, some clothes, new Littmann stethoscope, kitchen goodies, and a few various odds and ends. Gave my fiancee an iPod Touch plus clothes and some other stuff. My kids got way more stuff than they needed. It was a good Christmas...no complaints here other than being dog tired. 

Dec 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 13
Mostly D&D related stuff here. I got a matching set of 24 chrome D6s for rolling character stats (with a custom embroidered dice bag to go with). Very shiny.

Dec 26, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 13
A very good meal and quality times w/ the family.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
A cruise, along with the rest of the family.
biggrin.gif
. We're going to the Mexican Riviera next week. I don't think I'll get anything material, though I'm going to buy myself a nice 10k stepped attenuator for one of my upcoming builds.

I gave an iPad to my sister's family and got my parents a new flatscreen for their bedroom.

Have a great Time on your cruise, UE..... It does feel better to give then receive.....(I can say that because I got My HD-800's last week, yes!)
wink.gif
 I did get the wife some perfume and money for a complete outfit.(We won't count the complete Master Bath upgrade). My step son, up from NC got clothes etc, but his favorite gift was Cash$$ He's saving for a Les Paul to go with his Strat.....Both sets of Parents got a great meal, here and goodies...what do you buy folks in their 80's???  Anyway, as many have stated, your family being together is the best.......Although my son was the only one who shared my lust and joy for the new set of cans.......Thanks to Bubu1 for help convincing me, with his HD-800's that they would be my next headphone choice....Happy New Year Guys.........PEACE

Dec 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 13
Nice. I wish folks around here still played D&D. I miss it.

Quote:
Mostly D&D related stuff here. I got a matching set of 24 chrome D6s for rolling character stats (with a custom embroidered dice bag to go with). Very shiny.

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 13
Sony BDP-470 Blu-Ray player, Fosmon HDMI cable (never herd of but looks good)   Sylvania HDTV still up in the air on keeping the TV or taking it back and trying to get a Vizo....Anything would have to be better then my 17 year old tube TV at this point,  few Blu-Rays, clothes.

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 13
I got a webcam, a bunch of Packers stuff (I have to try to represent when I'm away at college), a lot of nice wool socks (a necessity), and a new phone! I also got the gift of watching my family play Just Dance on the Wii, a supremely entertaining activity.

Dec 26, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #10 of 13
Top of the heap was a Pentax K-x, DSLR and lens to replace a decade old Olympus point and shoot. Also got two different books about Stanley Kubrick (my co-favourite director), The Cubs Fan's Guide To Happiness (it's a humour book), and a Family Guy DVD.

Dec 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #11 of 13
I decided not to get Christmas presents this year, I'm pretty happy with what I have
It must have been karma, cause on friday I got contacted that I won a 1.000$ prize in a competition, a colmplete Home Theatre Setup.
And yes, I'm keeping it :p

Dec 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #13 of 13
Here's my haul:

$250 in cash
$100 Newegg gift card
$25 Borders gift card
Bodum 8-cup french press - just made some coffee... best cup(s) I've ever had!  Smooth as silk and full of flavor with no bitterness.
Cuisinart burr grinder
Belkin PureAV PF30 (now I have 2 :))
Batman: Arkham Asylum for Xbox360
SNES Powerpak
Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill vinyl
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush vinyl
Hot sauces
Various other small things

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back