westone warranty
Oct 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

nyjets28

1000+ Head-Fier
does anyone have any experience with the westone warranty service? my westone 3 has a problem near the jack area. when i press on the "L" part, the signal completely cuts out. so i sent them an email b/c the website seems to be down right down. but i was just wondering if anyone had any prior experience with the westone warranty service.

o and also, will it matter if i'm not the original owner of these. i bought these from another user on this forum just a couple weeks ago.

thanks.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #2 of 22
ok so it looks like my question was answered when westone customer service emailed me within a few hours of my email to them.

now my next question is how do i send these to them with prepaid, insurable, trackable shipping? any suggestions? thanks.

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjets28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok so it looks like my question was answered when westone customer service emailed me within a few hours of my email to them.

now my next question is how do i send these to them with prepaid, insurable, trackable shipping? any suggestions? thanks.

Best methods are:
FedEx
DHL
UPS
USPS - priority mail will give you a tracking number

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 22
powderhound, would i be able to get the warranty services if i'm not the original owner? i bought my 3's from another user here a few weeks ago. but these were originally purchased in april 2009; however, i don't have a copy of the invoice or anything, but i do have the original warranty paper from the retailer. would that be good enough?

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

powderhound, would i be able to get the warranty services if i'm not the original owner? i bought my 3's from another user here a few weeks ago. but these were originally purchased in april 2009; however, i don't have a copy of the invoice or anything, but i do have the original warranty paper from the retailer. would that be good enough?

Were they registered under the other persons name? If you are not sure PM me the info and I'll check for you.

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

i'm not sure; but i signed up for the extra one year warranty under my name (using the westone warranty card that came with the package.) what info would you need to check the warranty information?

Then you are fine.

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #14 of 22
  Westone Warranty is very superb, and I know this is late post to the forums, but my experiences thus far with Westone has been good. They have gained a loyal customer ^_^

I agree with Herooftime:

I sent back my busted (picture below) ADV Alpha series last month according to the Westone warranty procedure (they were in warranty). 

Within a week, they sent me a NIB replacement!
I needed new tips also, so BONUS. 
It's nice when things go smoothly - this level of service is definitely appealing.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #15 of 22
No Westone's service is awful. The filters on my Westone 3 are damaged. Westone can't help. Westone won't touch them all they do is give me baloney about they are out of warranty and can't help, not even a part number or direction but to just buy a new pair of W30's. $400.00 in the trash.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back