Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #181 of 1,957
I just picked up a Topping NX1 amp.  WOW!  Now we are talking.  This is a great amp for the price and much more capable than my Ibasso T3.  Great synergy with my Ipod Classic.  I took an already amazing sound and improved on it even more.  Highly recommended.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #182 of 1,957
Just ordered the W60, should have it in a few days 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #183 of 1,957
I just picked up a Topping NX1 amp.  WOW!  Now we are talking.  This is a great amp for the price and much more capable than my Ibasso T3.  Great synergy with my Ipod Classic.  I took an already amazing sound and improved on it even more.  Highly recommended.

Nice! I was looking at the topping amp too! Is it bulky in size for portable use?

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #184 of 1,957
Nice! I was looking at the topping amp too! Is it bulky in size for portable use?

I don't think so.  With the rubber strap it can still fit easily (with player) in gym shorts pocket without it being overly bulky IMHO.

From memory....with this amp on high gain setting... it is pretty much the same sound I recall when I had my JH16's a couple years back.  Really lush, warm, polished, refined.  Very expensive and audiophile sounding.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #185 of 1,957
I don't think so.  With the rubber strap it can still fit easily (with player) in gym shorts pocket without it being overly bulky IMHO.

From memory....with this amp on high gain setting... it is pretty much the same sound I recall when I had my JH16's a couple years back.  Really lush, warm, polished, refined.  Very expensive and audiophile sounding.

Thanks for your inputs! Will be getting one to pair with dx50! : )

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #187 of 1,957
Agree.  See my comment on marketing of W60.  Earphone solutions have the only couple reviews I have found outside of this forum.  Hello marketing failure.  This IEM deserves better.

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #188 of 1,957
I think this was already addressed.

Shure has only one premium IEM, the SE846.  And one in the $400 range with SE535.  That makes it easy for them to focus on 2 products alone, or really only one that is considered a recent release. Westone has had 6-8 newly released products in the same time.  I gotta think that makes it a bit harder to say where do you focus your marketing efforts.  Perhaps Westone is selling moderate amounts of each one doing fine.  Shure must sell a bunch of SE846's to recoup their investment so they absolutely must market and promote it strongly and apparently it has worked.  That's not to say Westone isn't selling their new releases.  They very well could be.  None of us would know here but I have to think it was well thought out and they are not rookies in this business.

Jul 25, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #189 of 1,957
I agree with MCoupe. The W60 and the ES60 are almost invisible. I am not comparing Westone to Shure so please stop the comparisons. Do your own Google search on the two TOTL IEMs and there is almost nothing on them. Also, look here at Head-Fi with the price this should be a target audience and there is almost no interest or many posts. Look back at the 4r thread as a comparison.

To me the answer is simple, 15 years as an mergers and acquisitions attorney tells me the acquisition of Westone means the private equity company needs all the free cash flow to pay back the debt from acquiring Westone.

Jul 26, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #193 of 1,957
Well im listening to my w60, ive just upgraded from the w3, and im very impressed. Really is a big improvement in detail, timbre, extension, balance and sound stage. I'm trying to find something to dislike about the sound but I just can't! Really great job westone.

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #194 of 1,957
  Well im listening to my w60, ive just upgraded from the w3, and im very impressed. Really is a big improvement in detail, timbre, extension, balance and sound stage. I'm trying to find something to dislike about the sound but I just can't! Really great job westone.

Glad that you are loving it :)

The W50 has a similar sound signature to the W30 so I will be interested to read about any user's impression on it.

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #195 of 1,957
   I'm trying to find something to dislike about the sound but I just can't! Really great job westone.

That's really the main theme with W60.

It leans a little warmer versus brighter so an amp that is on the warm side may not be good synergy.  And of course, getting the right tips is paramount.

I am using the red tipped star tips.  Started with the mediums that came on it and learned I could use a slightly longer flange which is the only difference with the red one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back