Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #136 of 1,957
LMAO!....(I'm sure this will go over real well)....  On the topic of SE846 being the more popular choice......

I would say to an untrained ear the "wow" factor of the SE846 will always be the first pick.

I get a better personal "wow" factor with W60 due to the better "air", larger sound stage and increased treble extension.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #137 of 1,957
Honestly that is very interesting. Not that I doubt your numbers but how do you know? To my knowledge, Shure is a privately held company and does not make its financials public.

Also, if IEMs are a side business of Shure as you state would that not weaken the point you were making because they would not have the full company support as I assume the W60 has from Westone.

I had gotten that from a Shure rep here many many years ago.  Could probably find it.  Even if you Wikipedia Shure, you can easily see what a small portion of their business earphones is relative to everything.

I have been to their HQ about an hour away from me in Niles, IL.   It is a HUGE building!  Like 8 stories high on a footprint about the size of a football field.    Check out link below.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=picture%20of%20shure%20headquarters%2C%20niles%2C%20il

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #138 of 1,957
I had gotten that from a Shure rep here many many years ago.  Could probably find it.  Even if you Wikipedia Shure, you can easily see what a small portion of their business earphones is relative to everything.

I have been to their HQ about an hour away from me in Niles, IL.   It is a HUGE building!  Like 8 stories high on a footprint about the size of a football field.  

I have been to the headquarters as well in Niles as I grew up in Wisconsin.

Unfortunately, neither Wikipedia nor my law firm's Bloomberg Terminal has a lot of detailed information on Shure.

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #140 of 1,957
At last, all IS revealed...

If you are referring to my profession, I heartily agree. Shakespeare had it right when he said ''The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" in Henry IV.

If you were referencing my sentence structure I believe it is grammatically correct. Apologies, as I accidentally deleted my earlier post.

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #141 of 1,957
If you are referring to my profession, I heartily agree. Shakespeare had it right when he said ''The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" in Henry IV.

If you were referencing my sentence structure I believe it is grammatically correct. Apologies, as I accidentally deleted my earlier post.

Will was perhaps a bit over the top but did have it correctly :)

Jul 9, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #142 of 1,957
Westone w60 & Pico power! What a wonderful combo. I was having some buyers remorse after opening up the w 60 package. It don't feel or look like a $1000.00 IEM but they sure sound like one. Only received my w60 yesterday and I am liking what I hear. Overall my se846 still king of my collection of IEM.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #147 of 1,957
I don't care so much about looks.

However, Westone must have thought that consumers would. Otherwise, why offer faceplates with different colors.  The fashion headphone (beeps) seem to have some appeal. I suspect that many on this forum are after a different priority ​but I would guess we head-fiers represent of a fraction of their sales.  

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #148 of 1,957
Does that mean we have to settle for less, sound quality wize they are great. I'm not talking about bling and the face plates ant for me but I expect quality all around I don't believe you have to settle to be a head-fier. Their are many IEM that show quality and produce quality sound. Shure se846 screams quality from head to toe.

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #149 of 1,957
Well, the sound is what counts, but I had better quality cables on 50.00 earphones, I guess some might like the simple plain look, but I would prefer a little more.

Which 50 dollar earphones came with better quality cables than the braided Epic cable? The one with the iPhone controls is pretty average, but the W60 came with two cables, and the braided ones without controls are quite excellent. No microphonics to speak of, no memory wire, no frills - just unobtrusive and comfortable. Seemed pretty good to me.

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #150 of 1,957
Westone w60 & Pico power! What a wonderful combo. I was having some buyers remorse after opening up the w 60 package. It don't feel or look like a $1000.00 IEM but they sure sound like one. Only received my w60 yesterday and I am liking what I hear. Overall my se846 still king of my collection of IEM.

Tell us why you prefer the se846 if you don't mind. It's good to get some debate going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back