Westone W60 Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,276 of 1,957

I like pure silver with mine, brightens the sound and brings up more details, good pair up with a warm/smooth sig of W60, plus keeps vampires away (j/k).  Contrary to that, reference neutral/transparent sig of ES60 works great with pure copper to bring up the bass.  The same copper cable with W60 made bass more articulate, but didn't add as much brightness to the top end.  All has to do with a signature where typically silver adds some energy and brightness the sound.  As the usual disclaimer, this is purely subjective since I ran into many people who hear no difference with a cable or switching between different sources, or others who get a cable only because it looks "pretty".  We all have different perception of the sound and sensitivity, or lack of it, when it comes to upper frequencies.

Thank you. I use today a hybrid type (Litz 250 (cu) + silver plated copper) with my UM Pro 30 which I really like. 

W60 will arrive in April, so just wanted to understand where to go with the re-cabling.   

Ne perezhivai
wink.gif

What I usually recommend is to spend some time with a stock Epic cable to get used to W60 signature.  Then, switch to your hybrid cable.  Would be curious to hear what you'll find, in terms of sound improvement.  Don't forget to chime in with your impression!

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,278 of 1,957
Btw any of you guys experience this issue with the W60?

Whenever i slot the W60s into my ears, the right side will sometimes have no audible sound for a split second or sometimes till i meddle with the connection between the wire and the connector. This does not happen with the left side though. Therefore would like to know if this is normal or my unit is faulty and is having a loose connection for the right side?

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #1,281 of 1,957
Not really. They just aren't very well produced or sturdy connectors (sort it out Westone!).

I had various problems with my UM Pro 50. I now have UM Pro 50 and W60 but I don't try removing the cable with either, as I'm paranoid about another set breaking, plus I'm not convinced that aftermarket cables making any great difference.

Mar 17, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #1,282 of 1,957
By the way, my Um Pro 30 are now in the Service Center of the seller - I got channel imbalance after 2 weeks. Sounds like highs are missing in the left channel while lows and mids are there. Hope that W60 will be a better quality. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #1,283 of 1,957
  Right.. on it! They are 3 weeks old. By the way is there a specific way to unplug and plug in the connector?

Yes, don't wiggle to disconnect. Pull straight back. If you pull at an angle it takes a lot more force to disconnect and you risk damaging the connector.

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #1,285 of 1,957
I'm with you folks http://www.head-fi.org/t/788756/introducing-venturecraft-soundroid-valoq-sdp-1-impression-thread-check-second-post-for-updates/420#post_12444643

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #1,287 of 1,957
I have had these for over a week now. I am very surprised,that these have not had more coverage/acceptance. The soundstage, is wider, and deeper than my 846, a less bright sound,more coherent, and just as good bass,and on early listening, prefer these over the 846. Compared to the 4R, these are better in every respect. Very happy. ( So Far.)

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #1,289 of 1,957
I am going to sell my 4R, as i will not be using them now. I did modify the cable,by removing the memory wire, but leaving about half inch for strain relief.I will sell them in the for sale section. £200 plus postage. original packaging etc.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #1,290 of 1,957
How is the fit on the W60 compared to the UM50 pro? The UM50 pro has the best fit of any universal I've come across, and it's my main concern about moving to W60. For anyone who has tried both, care to share their experiences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back