Westone UM3X Remold[YOUR OPINIONS]
May 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
The title tells it all.  InEarz Can do it for $90USD.  Is it worth it in the long run???  I'm assuming my warranty will become void with the Westone, and because I am 16 and still growing how long will I have before I need to remold again?  Will it affect sound quality?

May 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 5
First of yes you are too young and your rate of growth will determine how often you must remold. Second what would be the point? Westones are already comfortable and easy to get a good seal with and you didn't mention them being broken; which are the only reasons why I would see a need to remold. Unless you do have those issues then you are kinda in weird situation for a few years until you stop growing. 

May 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
First of yes you are too young and your rate of growth will determine how often you must remold. Second what would be the point? Westones are already comfortable and easy to get a good seal with and you didn't mention them being broken; which are the only reasons why I would see a need to remold. Unless you do have those issues then you are kinda in weird situation for a few years until you stop growing. 

I see...  

May 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 5
imo i dont think it would be worth it. surely for the cost of the um3x and remold you could step up to a west 4 or better..

if fitment isnt a issue with the um3x then just leave it alone....also agree that you are too young for customs, fitment might become a issue quick, and that would suck

May 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
imo i dont think it would be worth it. surely for the cost of the um3x and remold you could step up to a west 4 or better..

if fitment isnt a issue with the um3x then just leave it alone....also agree that you are too young for customs, fitment might become a issue quick, and that would suck

yeah... I was kind of weary of it originally.  I think thats the reason I blew my wallet on the UM3X...  Is the W4 really a step up?? Or just a different sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back