Westone UM3X on Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Oct 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

joplin

New Head-Fier
Is anybody using the Westone UM-3X on the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant?
If so tell me what you think of the sound or any other feedback you have.

Thanks
Greg

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi, I'm interested in this too - I've a Galaxy S and am looking at the Westones...

Any joy finding a response somewhere and/or buying these and giving them a go with the Galaxy S?  

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi there,

I have a Samsung Vibrant, I'm using se530's, I know this doesn't answer your question but I though this information might help.

FYI,

Samsung did a real dumb job with this phone, limiting its true potential, don't quote me on this but I've read this phone uses the same dac as the s:flo2,
they limited the volume on the vibrant to be 86% of its full volume, (not enough omphh to drive high impedance IEMs) after researching on the xda developer forums, there a quick fix, but not a solution, download/buy the App from the marketplace called Audioboost 2, its like ~$2 i think, Basically it allows the phone to output to its full potential (100% Volume), be warned maxed volumes with no eq may damage ear drums, or so I've read. But the diff to me is night & day really pushes my 530's now....cheers =)

...oh and I believe your phone has to be rooted to used this app, not 100% sure on that thou...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back