Westone UM3x + Ipod Classic + Alo Rx=any good?
Feb 23, 2010 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mopshond

Head-Fier
Hi everyone!
I am new over here and.
I am wondering if the combination of the westone um3x, ipod classic and a Alo Rx amp is a good combination? If you have any better suggestions, please let me know

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Yea thats gonna sound good depening what youre looking for. What kind sound are you looking for? what quality files are you going to be using?

Are you going go use a LoD or no?

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 7
Young Spade:
I am looking for a wide, clear sound with a tight bass and sparkling heights, but it is important for me that it is balanced. I am thinking of using lossless files.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 7
Well I can definitely recommend the UM3Xs then
smily_headphones1.gif

But hmm you don't HAVE to use a LoD but anyone here (well, almost anyone) will tell you that if you're using iPods and an amp, shell out the extra money for a LoD (suggestions for that quality will vary between members though, but IMO don't spend over 150), to hook up to the amp.
The LoD is going to give you a cleaner sound than straight out of the headphone jack; it's going to be "stronger" as well. IMO it sounds better in every aspect; although it's not AMAZINGLY better, it is a plus that iPods have.

I don't really know about the quality of audio from the ALO Rx so I'm not going to comment on that but that sounds like a good setup to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back