Westone UM3X announced!
Apr 21, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #361 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by syed786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i preorder mines today from earphonesolution with rebate30 i got 30 dollars off

hey thanks for sharing the rebate coupon.. i placed my order now and got $30 off also

Thanks much
PC

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #362 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should satisfy yourself with an answer that makes sense from statisticaly/engneering points of view: No, UM3X won't be close to ES3X. You can hope for more of a hint at ES3X sound, assuming we can observe same parallels as between UM2 and ES2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received this email today:

Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, we have received the W3 and the return has been processed. We have applied the credit to your UM3X pre-order.
We have just received our UM3X demo today and I have to say it is fenomenal :wink:
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions
Thank you,
Adriana Q
EarphoneSolutions.com
MicrophoneSolutions.com
Divisions of FMASolutions.com

So earphone solutions has a UM3X in their posession, but there is no review yet in their site,

I would have to think based on this reply that it will more than hint at the ES3X. Guess I wanted to jump in and throw my uninformed speculation out there too! WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT WILL SOUND LIKE .... sorry must have left my caps on
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #364 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to think based on this reply that it will more than hint at the ES3X. Guess I wanted to jump in and throw my uninformed speculation out there too! WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT WILL SOUND LIKE .... sorry must have left my caps on
tongue.gif

I agree. I just posted the earphone solutions message. Obviosuly is not an unbiased comment, but I have agreed to their description of the UM2 and W3 sounds. 9 more days!

Apr 21, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #365 of 557
Careful now. Based on their initial impressions when they received W3 you'd think they cured cancer with descriptions of a floating EQ range etc. (LOL!) yet many people don't care for W3's.

I think UM3X is what W3 was intended to sound like. If most of us geniuses here on Head-Fi can't get W3's to fit/sound right, imagine the general public??

Apr 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #366 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Careful now. Based on their initial impressions when they received W3 you'd think they cured cancer with descriptions of a floating EQ range etc. (LOL!) yet many people don't care for W3's.

I think UM3X is what W3 was intended to sound like. If most of us geniuses here on Head-Fi can't get W3's to fit/sound right, imagine the general public??

I doubt hardly anyone who doesn't know about head-fi will know anything about the W3.

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #367 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt hardly anyone who doesn't know about head-fi will know anything about the W3.

There are websites such as jaben.net, cnet.com, ilounge.com, amazon.com, avforums.com, and others - not to mention sites in other languages - that cater for more than just a handful of potential buyers.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #368 of 557
Yea, pretty silly that Westone would invest upwards of a million dollars to invest in an IEM aimed at Head-Fi buyers. I'm sure we are just a fraction among their total sales of W3.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #369 of 557
Quote:

ha ha ha ha! thats very funny!
dt880smile.png

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #370 of 557
Well, as we wind down to my final 30-day window for doing an exchange, I have decided to send my W3's back in exchange for UM3X. I am pretty certain I will much prefer it. I can just imagine a very detailed but creamier and more balanced sound. W3 may have many great characteristics but smoothness is not one of them. I love the non-fatiguing smoothness of my Triple Fi's. UM3X should be even better.

Earphone Solutions should have their review up by Friday night.

Westone return-emailed me that Earphone Solutions will have product on hand to ship out the door on 4/30 (not sure if that was fully confirmed earlier in the thread). I thought it said "early May."

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #371 of 557
Even pairing UM3X with UM56 custom tips would only improve it, but not enough to even compare it the ES3X. (if they really share the same drivers and sound signature)

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #372 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even pairing UM3X with UM56 custom tips would only improve it, but not enough to even compare it the ES3X. (if they really share the same drivers and sound signature)

You've compared them?

Apr 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #373 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've compared them?

No. but from speculation and others' finding.

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #374 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could care less about ES3X. I am comparing and looking to improve upon W3 and Triple Fi Pro and I know just what I am looking for in a sound sig.

Apr 22, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #375 of 557
Quote:

Well, as we wind down to my final 30-day window for doing an exchange, I have decided to send my W3's back in exchange for UM3X. I am pretty certain I will much prefer it. I can just imagine a very detailed but creamier and more balanced sound. W3 may have many great characteristics but smoothness is not one of them. I love the non-fatiguing smoothness of my Triple Fi's. UM3X should be even better.

Earphone Solutions should have their review up by Friday night.

Westone return-emailed me that Earphone Solutions will have product on hand to ship out the door on 4/30 (not sure if that was fully confirmed earlier in the thread). I thought it said "early May."

Good to hear they are on time. I remember the delay with the W3's. I also returned my W3 for an exchange for the UM3X. Did they tell you they would have the review by friday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back