Westone UM3X announced!
Apr 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #166 of 557
Exciting news going here...
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #169 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG WHEN ARE THE SHURE SE640'S COMING OUT!!!! THAT WILL DOMINATE ALL IEM'S IN EXISTENCE!!!! GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO SETTLE WITH SENNEISER HD800'S
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes! More drivers are better!
ph34r.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #170 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG WHEN ARE THE SHURE SE640'S COMING OUT!!!! THAT WILL DOMINATE ALL IEM'S IN EXISTENCE!!!! GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO SETTLE WITH SENNEISER HD800'S
bigsmile_face.gif

paaaalease! next week Sennheiser will install my new multi-drum HD36000 ears with balanced xlr-psychic uplink that will blow anything shure has to offer. the satellite is entering orbit as we speak and soon i will have full nine-dimension sub-atomic immersive audio. while you play with your balanced armatures i will actually see sound.

deadhorse.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #172 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
paaaalease! next week Sennheiser will install my new multi-drum HD36000 ears with balanced xlr-psychic uplink that will blow anything shure has to offer. the satellite is entering orbit as we speak and soon i will have full nine-dimension sub-atomic immersive audio. while you play with your balanced armatures i will actually see sound.

deadhorse.gif

I wanna see sound too!!!!
gs1000.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #173 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nevermind. Retract that statement.
My bad. :)

That's a relief and a half! Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #174 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

deadhorse.gif

That's when Ultimate Ears come out with their ace up the sleeve that will permanently change how music is listened to... The Ultimate Ears Chrono Fi 4D. Equipped with 4 balanced Warp drivers, these IEMs are capable of warping you instataneously to the very concert or the recording studio of the artist singing the song. What if the artist is no longer alive and long dead? No worries, the warp drivers are capable of breaching the space-time continuum and create a wormhole, sending you back in time enabling you to watch and listen to your favourite Kurt Cobain and 2pac recordings/concerts or what have you. Yes, its no longer Ultimate Ears but actually Ultimate Years, indeed. You can also impact the timeline of the music industry itself... Ever wanted to know what would have happened if someone stopped Mark David Chapman? Divert his shot and come back to the present to all the Beatles albums that you never would have otherwise heard.

*Available in Pro, regular, or ET (Extended Time) versions. Due to safety and paradox concerns, cables are no longer detachable.

...Sorry folks, just sneaking my cheap fun in there.
wink.gif
On topic, UM3 is definitely something I will consider. If it can be like the Westone 3 with 530 like mids, then I would be sold, definitely.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #175 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's when Ultimate Ears come out with their ace up the sleeve that will permanently change how music is listened to... The Ultimate Ears Chrono Fi 4D. Equipped with 4 balanced Warp drivers, these IEMs are capable of warping you instataneously to the very concert or the recording studio of the artist singing the song. What if the artist is no longer alive and long dead? No worries, the warp drivers are capable of breaching the space-time continuum and create a wormhole, sending you back in time enabling you to watch and listen to your favourite Kurt Cobain and 2pac recordings/concerts or what have you. Yes, its no longer Ultimate Ears but actually Ultimate Years, indeed. You can also impact the timeline of the music industry itself... Ever wanted to know what would have happened if someone stopped Mark David Chapman? Divert his shot and come back to the present to all the Beatles albums that you never would have otherwise heard.

wink.gif
On topic, UM3 is definitely something I will consider. If it can be like the Westone 3 with 530 like mids, then I would be sold, definitely.

Wow, you made my day. LOL!!!! I thought reading some posts of people claiming the W3's or Phonak's beat the SE530's made me laugh out of control and made my day but this one here made my day. LOL!!!

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #176 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*Available in Pro, regular, or ET (Extended Time) versions. Due to safety and paradox concerns, cables are no longer detachable.

wink.gif

LOL Ultimate years haha.

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #178 of 557
Quote:

Um.. let's get our facts straight before we going making bold statements like that! The W3 is for personal listening. The UM3X is for stage use. The ES3X was just released 2 months ago, why would we be pulling it when it's getting great reviews.

If you do not know what is going on, please refrain from trying to sound like you do. :)

You may want to read the following and see why I wrote what I wrote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...5/#post5577974
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...ml#post5579014
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...ml#post5580112
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...ml#post5580475
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...7/#post5580896
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...7/#post5580969
And this:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/n...ml#post5579088

The above links will give you a pretty good idea of what I think of both the Westone 3 and the Shure SE530.

Quote:

Oh I'm down with sarcasm, I just know how things get BLOWN out of context on this forum and did not want some wild rumor going around that I need to spend a month cleaning up. :)

First off, on 31st March I sent YOU and 2 other people from Westone an email which included the following:
"...I finally got my ES3X today!

Many thanks - Sound quality is just superb. Also, they're very comfortable and NON-fatiguing! Certainly well worth the wait. I think Westone has come up with a true winner with the ES3X - I'm sure you guys know that already..."

Also, earlier on on 21st February I sent YOU and someone else from Westone an email after the issues I'd had with my W3, which ended with the following:

"...Thanks again for your excellent service and efforts so far.
Hope you both have a great weekend (if you happen to see this email today).

Best wishes to you both,..."

By the time you posted the above comments on this thread NOBODY had taken my comments at all seriously, and only a couple of people made a couple more jokes within the next few minutes, and that was the end of it -- I didn't see those comments getting BLOWN out of context on this forum and I don't think you'll be spending a month cleaning up this particular wild rumour.

I was very surprised to read your posts - specially the first one - when you know who music_4321 is and also, as someone else mentioned already, seeing I've got the ES3X in my signature -- The ES3X has it's own thread which I would imagine you've been following closely and where I've posted very favourable comments/ reviews very recently.

I believe that even without all the above explanations, my original post looked so ludicrous to be taken seriously by anyone who didn't know who the post was really directed to.

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #179 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<---->

You very greatly underestimate human stupidity.

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #180 of 557
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You very greatly underestimate human stupidity.

If I'd noticed anyone taking my original post seriously, I would've clarified matters immediately. My post was #9 in this thread, and p0wderh0und23's reply (post #124) came 115 posts later -- Not sure I very greatly underestimate human stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back