westone um2 or er4p's
Oct 6, 2004 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

enzoferrari650

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering which one sounds better IYO (in your opinion). I'm thinking of switching to westone um2's. Let me know what you guys think.

Oct 6, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 16
I only got to try the er4p for a short period, but imo, the um2 is MUCH better. It sounds like a full size headphone, which you cannot say for the er4p. The etys excel at detail, but I feel the um2 is a much better all around performer - and extremely comfortable as well!

Oct 6, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 16
what about between um2's and shure e5c's. The e5c's are only a tad bit more expensive. I have heard that most people who have tried both prefer the um2's though. Saying that the um2's have slightly clearer highs and more controlled bass and have very leveled sound throught the spectum.

Oct 6, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
what about between um2's and shure e5c's. The e5c's are only a tad bit more expensive. I have heard that most people who have tried both prefer the um2's though. Saying that the um2's have slightly clearer highs and more controlled bass and have very leveled sound throught the spectum.

The Westone are more warmer in sound.And by the looking at the package,its gives more value for money as they give u the damn cool carrying case with Oto-Ease and stuff.
es_case.jpg

Oct 6, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 16
now i need to know how the e5's compare to um2s in terms of concealment. I need them to be as hard to spot as possible. For school puposes. I realize that the e5c's are more concealed but by how much? now if people say that the e5's are just not as good as e5's in terms of sound quality and the e5's are more concealed, I wouldnt have anything to think about. But the problem is that the e5's are more concealed but the um2's seem to favor people more in terms of sound for the people who have heard both.

Oct 6, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
now i need to know how the e5's compare to um2s in terms of concealment. I need them to be as hard to spot as possible. For school puposes. I realize that the e5c's are more concealed but by how much? now if people say that the e5's are just not as good as e5's in terms of sound quality and the e5's are more concealed, I wouldnt have anything to think about. But the problem is that the e5's are more concealed but the um2's seem to favor people more in terms of sound for the people who have heard both.

I think by the looks of it,I would go for the Shure E5Cs as from the pics i c,its looks more flatter,thus,it can be hid easier.Come on lah,would u rather be enjoying better music quality but be wary wheter u would be caught by yer teacher or not

Oct 6, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 16
well if the um2's really sound better and they're not sticking out too much, then i'd just buy like sony ex71's to listen to in class so even if the teacher does catch me and take them away, i'm not afraid they're gonna lose a pair of 350 dollar earphones. Plus, its not like I could listen that carefully during class, since i'd prlbly be worried about the teacher catching me. But I still dont want the um2's to stick out too much even for regular use.

Oct 6, 2004 at 8:11 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by knuxed
The Westone are more warmer in sound.And by the looking at the package,its gives more value for money as they give u the damn cool carrying case with Oto-Ease and stuff.
es_case.jpg

knuxed - I am assuming you were able to extensively audition both the Shure E5 and Westone UM-2. Could you elaborate as to thoughts you had on the differences between the two?

Oct 6, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by knuxed
es_case.jpg

Wow, they come in an Altoids tin?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back