Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Mar 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #364 of 3,037
I love etys, but bass :frowning2: My headphones are DT770s, so etys will just sound thin after that. I'm using TF10 now which I love, but I keep craving a bigger soundstage and better mids. Been thinking about some PFE232s and the Fostex TE-05.

Quote:
It should be obvious that Westone house sound has never been analytical.

You can consider the Etymotic er4s.

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #365 of 3,037
I love etys, but bass :frowning2: My headphones are DT770s, so etys will just sound thin after that. I'm using TF10 now which I love, but I keep craving a bigger soundstage and better mids. Been thinking about some PFE232s and the Fostex TE-05.

Have you heard the UERM before? It is no way like the DT770 and TF10.

Mar 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #367 of 3,037
I have. It was basically exactly how I wanted to hear music. Slightly bright, huge soundstage, well-extended bass with great texture, mids that aren't forward or recessed. It sounded "just right;" when I heard the UE18 demo right after, I was totally unimpressed.

The CK100Pro and TE-05 may be worth a look.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #374 of 3,037
  Just ordered UM Pro 50, I hope they are better than LCD-2 V1. I had. I am going after something does not require amp to shine.

So you are comparing  full size cans with in ear, I have nothing against this if you can isolate the soundstage effect. After doing that I find the UM pro 50 to be more towards the HD650 signature and less towards the Audeze signature. I love warmth and musicality provided that the  high still ring long enough to trigger my brain for those details,

The LCD 2 is more audiophile compared to the UM Pro 50. but you cant beat a great IEM fit, its feels light, free energetic, and The UM Pro50 adds full sound to that.... you cant beat that.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #375 of 3,037
I am not comparing per see, just in general. I do aware what I gain and lose with IEM. That is why I don't want to spend 2K for custom IEM too. LCD-2/3 are not very comfortable and I am moving away from full size setup UNLESS something new in the market can really grab my heart. 
wink.gif
 I intend to use UM Pro 50 for my Mackbook to watch movie or other general use. I found your review was very helpful, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back