Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Apr 4, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #2,238 of 3,037
  Has anyone tried the spin fits or the the JVC spiral dots? Do they help with the highs at all?

The nozzle of all Westone IEMs is super narrow, Spiral dots are HUGE in comparison.  Also, don't think SpinFits have any models small enough to fit Westone nozzle tight.  That why many people go between Westone and Shure tips.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #2,239 of 3,037

The nozzle of all Westone IEMs is super narrow, Spiral dots are HUGE in comparison.  Also, don't think SpinFits have any models small enough to fit Westone nozzle tight.  That why many people go between Westone and Shure tips.

I'm using the spinfit CP800s on my UM 30 Pros and haven't had any issues with it slipping off or getting left in my ear.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #2,240 of 3,037

I'm using the spinfit CP800s on my UM 30 Pros and haven't had any issues with it slipping off or getting left in my ear.

the change in sound noticeable? or is it more convenient?

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #2,241 of 3,037

Yeah, I checked here and found them supported @ the very bottom. How do you like yours? Can you compare them to anything else? Specifically, fit, seal, isolation, and frequency impact. Also, if you could color code your answers and use at least 15 different fonts that would be grrrrrreat....

https://store.jaben.com/products/spinfit-cp800

1. Model : CP800
    Available sizes : L, M, S, XS
    Tip diameters :
    1. L size   : 13mm
    2. M size  : 12mm
    3. S size   : 11mm

Compatible brands :
    1. ALTEC LANSING: Bliss Gold, inMotion 616, inMotion 716
    2. BRAINWAVZ: B2
    3. CREATIVE: Aurvana 2, Aurvana 3
    4. DENON: AH-C400
    5. EARSONICS: SM1, SM2, SM3, SM3 V2, SM64, S-EM6, S-EM9, VELVET
    6. ETYMOTIC RESEARCH: ER-4, ety8, ETY•COM etyBLU2, hf2, hf3 hf5, mc3, mc5, mk5
    7. FISCHER AUDIO: DBA-02, DBA-02 MKII
    8. FUTURESONICS
    9. HARMAN KARDON: EP -170, EP720, EP-730
    10. IFROGZ: EarPollution Luxe
    11. JAYS: d-JAYS, q-JAYS, s-JAYS
    12. KLIPSCH: Custom 1, 2, 3; Image A5i, Image e1, Image S3, S4, S4A, S4i, Image X10, X11 Image X5, X7i; ProMedia; Reference S4, S4i, R6, R6i, R6m, AW4i, AS5i, X4i, X6i, X7i, XR8i, X11i, X12i, X20i
    13. MEELECTRONICS: A151
    14. PHLIPS: SHE9850, SHE9900
    15. PHONAK AUDÉO: PFE 012, PFE 022, PFE 111, PFE 112 PFE 121, PFE 122, PFE 132, PFE232
    16. ROCK IT SOUNDS:R-20, R-30, R-50
    17. SAMSUNG: EHS71
    18. SHURE: E3c, E3g, E4c, E4g, E500, E5c; i3c, i4c; SCL3, SCL4, SCL5; SE110, SE112, SE115, SE210, SE215, SE310, SE315, SE420, SE425, SE530, SE535, SE846, KSE1500
    19. SLEEK AUDIO: SA6
    20. SOUNDMAGIC: PL50 TDK BA100, BA200
    21. ULTRASONE: IQ, Pyco, Tio
    22. WESTONE: Adventure Alpha; Talk series; UM1, UM2, UM3X; Westone 1, Westone 2 Westone 3, Westone 4 UM PRO 10, UM PRO 20, UM PRO 30 UM PRO 50; W10, W20, W30, W40 W50, W60

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #2,242 of 3,037

the change in sound noticeable? or is it more convenient?

Yeah, I checked here and found them supported @ the very bottom. How do you like yours? Can you compare them to anything else? Specifically, fit, seal, isolation, and frequency impact. Also, if you could color code your answers and use at least 15 different fonts that would be grrrrrreat....

@Gosod The sound is 'changed' in that I get a good seal with the spinfits, thus more bass and a fuller sound.
With my older Westones (UM1) I prefer the Westone star tips. With the UM PRO I can't get a good seal with them as
they seem to collapse more easily.

@Jodiuh since I'm chromatically challenged I'm going to pass on the color coding and 15 fonts...

As noted I like the spinfits with my UM PRO IEMs, with my 64 Audios not so much. I'm also using them on my UM1s.

Spinfit vs Star Tips: on the UM PRO IEMS I get a better seal with the Spinfits. The Star tips seemed to fold/collapse
much more easily if I moved or anything else that affected my ears. With the smaller UM1 I didn't notice the same
propensity to fold/collapse. the sound of the Spinfits vs star tips on the UM1 is much less noticeably different.
On the UM PRO I get better bass and a fuller sound due to better seal.

Spinfits vs Comply Foamies: No comparison, the foam tips are closed in with a more muffled sound,
it's like listening through kleenex. Bass is however fuller with the foam tips. Isolation on the foam tips is
considerably better than the spinfits.

Spinfits vs generic double and triple flange silicone: I liked the dual and triple flange tips when I was
using Sleek Audio IEMs with the larger and presumably heavier UM PRO I can't get a good seal,
and if I do it's much less comfortable than the spinfits.

Spinfits vs DIY hybrid tips. I made a hybrid tip using star tip stretched over a smaller foam tip. The seal was good,
bass was very good and overall very good sound. Better isolation than either star tips or spin fits.
The tips were more comfortable than plain foam tips although my ears got exceptionally
warm using them.

All in all the spinfit is the more comfortable and gives me a better seal than either the star tips or foamies.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2,244 of 3,037

Has anyone tried the spin fits or the the JVC spiral dots? Do they help with the highs at all?

Their website says the CP800 are made for the Westone and i'm thinking of picking them up.

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #2,245 of 3,037

Their website says the CP800 are made for the Westone and i'm thinking of picking them up.

Yes, I wasn't aware of that :)  Gotta try it out!  Not sure if it will work with my ears (due to a sharp earcanal turn in my left ear which usually pinches Spinfit opening), but I'm definitely curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back