Westone Tour and Colorado Meet, August 7th 2011.
Jul 28, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #46 of 74

Quote:
This sounds fun, I'll have to swing by.  I get back from dirka dirka camp the day before, so I doubt I'll be there all day, but I'll do my best to swing by and say hello to all my headphone peeps.

Look forward to seeing you again - it's been like 4 months now.

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #47 of 74
So, here's the list of people who have replied in this thread (Rachelle asked me for a count, so I'm posting it here as well):

Yes's:
barleyguy
HeadphoneAddict
HeadFanatic
clarinetman (+2)
Bazirker
lilkoolaidman
brianblank (+2)
Sherwood (said maybe but I've got confidence)
JazzVinyl

Maybe's:
Craiglester
ontherivet
bixby
slowandsteady
Johnny
Olias

So by my count, we have 13 likely counting guests, and 6 maybes.  Rachelle also got two yes answers on Facebook.  So at t-minus a week we should have between 13 and 21.

Also, if you're bringing gear feel free to post what you're bringing.

Cheers,

Harley.

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #49 of 74

Quote:
So, here's the list of people who have replied in this thread (Rachelle asked me for a count, so I'm posting it here as well):

Yes's:
barleyguy
HeadphoneAddict
HeadFanatic
clarinetman (+2)
Bazirker
lilkoolaidman
brianblank (+2)
Sherwood (said maybe but I've got confidence)

Maybe's:
Craiglester
ontherivet
bixby
slowandsteady

So by my count, we have 12 likely counting guests, and 4 maybes.  Rachelle also got two yes answers on Facebook.  So at t-minus a week and half we should have between 12 and 18.

Also, if you're bringing gear feel free to post what you're bringing.

Cheers,

Harley.

(EDIT: In my original count I counted brianblank in both categories.  Corrected.)

So, we have JazzVinyl added to this list.  Johnnie is checking with SWMBO about it, as is Olias of Sunhillow.  So hopefully that will be two more.  

There are about 10 more Colorado head-fiers that I PM'd on the 24th and 25th who have not responded yet.  So, I PM'd everyone again.

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #50 of 74

Quote:
There are about 10 more Colorado head-fiers that I PM'd on the 24th and 25th who have not responded yet.  So, I PM'd everyone again.

I don't know why, but that made me laugh.

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #52 of 74
More bad news - my wife's father died yesterday (well, Saturday but it still feels like Sunday to me).  My wife and my son are still canoeing with the boy scouts until Saturday, so the funeral is next Sunday in Denver.  That means my son and I wont be at the meet as planned.  I know it got moved from 8/6 to 8/7 so that my son could attend with me, along with a couple of other people, and now there is no way the 7th will work for us and I feel bad.

I will contact Rachelle this week to make arrangements to drop off some gear on loan for the meet.  I'm pretty sure that will at least include a DACmini with iPod LOD to RCA cable plus a portable CD to use as optical digital transport, with a nice mini-RCA cable to feed the DACmini into the balanced SR-71b amp.  That will also include a new Whiplash Audio TWag V2 Eclipse balanced IEM cable.  There will also be a pair of modded D-7000 that lmswjm turned into open headphones, which he loaned to me to try out for the meet.  The TWag cable arrived to replace my V1 this weekend, and I'll start burning it in just in case, but I think Craig said it would be burned in for me 1st.

I'm not sure about what else I will give Westone to set up for the meet yet.  I need to think about it a little bit, but due to recent events I'm still too upset to get my head around this right now.  Those things might include the Triple.fi 10vi and MTPG we talked about if someone really needs to try them, and the HM-801 with some 24/96 music on an SD card.  I don't know about leaving the LCD-2 and HE-500, or HD800 and LA7000 when I'm not there - those are all $900 - $1500 headphones and I'm nervous about leaving them while I'm not there.  (my HD800 and Jade got dinged at RMAF, even when we watched everyone like a hawk).

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #53 of 74
Larry,

So sorry for your loss.  Please focus on what's important, and don't add this meet to your stress.  The meet won't be quite the same without you there, but I'm sure your family needs you more than we do right now.

That said, if you want help transporting anything to Westone or back, I'm planning to come to the Springs on Saturday and go to Westone early Sunday morning to help set up.  So I'd be happy to help move things either direction and keep an eye on them for you, if you feel inclined to let us demo some of your gear.

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #54 of 74
Sympathies to you and your family Larry, you (and your gear) will be missed this weekend. Hope you'll still be coming to RMAF.

Looks like I will be able to make it.. although I've nothing new to bring so i may just bring a basic rig to test stuff on, if that'k ok with everyone.. 

Last offer of a lift if anyones not got one arranged from denver already..

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #55 of 74
Is it too late to join the shindig (I'm showing my age)? I'm sorry I'll miss meeting the man behind DJ Yoda -- I've enjoyed your posts and my heart goes out to you, your wife, and family. 

To all: My stuff is not real interesting, but feel free to check my equipment list and let me know if I should bring anything. Also, I'm coming from the western suburbs of Denver and am willing to provide transportation if someone is nearby and stuck.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #56 of 74
Awwwwwwwwww crapsauce.  I just got assigned to work Sunday, and to make a long story (painfully) short, it's kinda non-negotiable.  KlausGut, you can trade spots with me!

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #57 of 74

Quote:
Is it too late to join the shindig (I'm showing my age)? I'm sorry I'll miss meeting the man behind DJ Yoda -- I've enjoyed your posts and my heart goes out to you, your wife, and family. 

To all: My stuff is not real interesting, but feel free to check my equipment list and let me know if I should bring anything. Also, I'm coming from the western suburbs of Denver and am willing to provide transportation if someone is nearby and stuck.

Hi.  It's not too late to join.  We'd be happy to have you. 

As far as gear, please bring anything you think someone would be interested in hearing, and also any sources or amps you'd like to try with other people's gear (as well as Westone's gear).

Aug 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #58 of 74
It's kind of nice to have the wife out of town -- no negotiating to attend. As a satisfied new owner of the #4, I'll be very interested in learning more about its design. Thanks.

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #59 of 74

Quote:
Larry,

So sorry for your loss.  Please focus on what's important, and don't add this meet to your stress.  The meet won't be quite the same without you there, but I'm sure your family needs you more than we do right now.

That said, if you want help transporting anything to Westone or back, I'm planning to come to the Springs on Saturday and go to Westone early Sunday morning to help set up.  So I'd be happy to help move things either direction and keep an eye on them for you, if you feel inclined to let us demo some of your gear.

I've been swamped, but will call Westone tomorrow and if I can't work something out with Rachelle then I might need some help with loner gear for the meet.  I'd have to pick it up from Westone next week.  Can you please PM me with alternate ways to connect with you outside of Head-Fi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back