Westone Tour and Colorado Meet, August 7th 2011.
Jun 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

barleyguy

1000+ Head-Fier
Greetings all,

Westone is onboard to host a Colorado Local Meet, and give us a tour of their facility.  Here's some initial details, with more to come in the next couple of weeks:

Date: Sunday, August 7th 2011.
Time: 11:00 am - 3:30 pm.  Doors open at 10:30 for setting up gear.  Tour of the facility sometime in the afternoon, like 2:30.
Where: Westone Factory, Colorado Springs Colorado

Address: 2235 Executive Circle, Colorado Springs

Directions:

[size=12.0pt]Take I-25 S/US-87 S toward COLO SPGS.[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Take the CIRCLE DRIVE exit, EXIT 138.[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Turn LEFT onto S CIRCLE DR/LAKE AVE. Continue to follow S CIRCLE DR.[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Turn RIGHT onto JANITELL RD E.[/size]
[size=12.0pt](JANITELL RD E is 0.2 miles past JANITELL RD)[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Take the 1st LEFT onto EXECUTIVE CIR.[/size]
[size=12.0pt]2235 EXECUTIVE CIR is on the RIGHT.[/size]

Initial details:

- Tables for members to set up gear
- Listening stations for Westone products, including all of their universal IEMs, and universal versions of their custom IEMs such as the ES5.
- Beverages and appetizers
- A tour of the facility, including a description of the process involved in making In Ear Monitors.

- A raffle, with cool prizes.

- Westone is working on making this a special event...

Please post in this thread if you're interested in attending....

Cheers,

Harley.

(This was originally posted as the 6th of August, but about half of the signed up people had to cancel for that day, so we moved it to the 7th.)

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 74
I'm in for that.

I'll be coming from the Denver Metro, so if anyone else is coming from there we can maybe organise some kind of ride share.

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 74

Quote:
I'm in for that.

I'll be coming from the Denver Metro, so if anyone else is coming from there we can maybe organise some kind of ride share.

Way cool.

(I'll be coming from farther north, either Cheyenne or Longmont, and may stay the night in Colorado Springs on Saturday night.)

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 74

Quote:
I'll be there with some portable and smaller desktop gear, with a focus on driving IEM but also a few full size phones.

I'm planning to be with probably thetv (Brennan) and digityd62 (Doug). I will be bringing my SM3 and portable rig, hopefully.

Also, Larry--It would be REALLY cool if you brought your LCD-2 again this year.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 74

Quote:
I'm planning to be with probably thetv (Brennan) and digityd62 (Doug). I will be bringing my SM3 and portable rig, hopefully.

Also, Larry--It would be REALLY cool if you brought your LCD-2 again this year.

I'll bring DACport, DACmini, SR-71b, Pico Slim, iBasso D4 and D10, 3MOVE, XM5, and a customized uDAC-2 with the output resistor removed for a low output impedance.  I'll have an HM-801 and HM-602 as well as a Macbook Pro as source and transport.  I might also bring an Audiocats modded "SuperFatCat++" SR-001 Mk2 portable electrostatic.  I hadn't planned on bringing the HDP, but I'll consider it if requested.  I don't want to lose track of all the small gear I'm bringing.

I'll also bring LCD-2 with silver dragon cable, HE-500 and HE-6, HD800, and LA7000.  I'll have a TWag balanced IEM cable for people to try their IEM with the SR-71b as well.

I was going to let Westone supply all the IEM, but I would consider bringing a couple of non-Westone IEM like MTPG, RE-262, and Triple.Fi 10 Pro.  The problem is that I don't have enough tips for other people to use and dispose of, so we'd have to use alcohol to clean and re-use the tips.  All three of these IEM use a fat tip and they might actually all work with the same tips, just not with the Westone tips made for smaller sound tubes.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 74

Quote:
So far we have 6 confirmed coming, right?  

I'd really like to see 20-25 or more show up, if we can swing it!

I was thinking if your son comes that would be 7 so far.  I'd love to see at least 20 as well.  Maybe we should gather up a list of people to PM.  I'm not sure people read the meets forum very often.

Speaking of orthos, do you still have an HE-5LE?  That's my favorite ortho so far, though I realize the buzz doesn't agree with that conclusion.  I'd love to hear the HE-500 and see if I like it as well or better.

I'm going to bring my CTH amp, Grado SR225i, and a computer as a source.  I will also bring my RE0's.  They are always with me anyway.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 74

Quote:
I was thinking if your son comes that would be 7 so far.  I'd love to see at least 20 as well.  Maybe we should gather up a list of people to PM.  I'm not sure people read the meets forum very often.

Speaking of orthos, do you still have an HE-5LE?  That's my favorite ortho so far, though I realize the buzz doesn't agree with that conclusion.  I'd love to hear the HE-500 and see if I like it as well or better.

I'm going to bring my CTH amp, Grado SR225i, and a computer as a source.  I will also bring my RE0's.  They are always with me anyway.

Yeah, I forgot to include my son HeadFanatic as coming, and he is.

I still have the HE-5 LE and original HE-5.  I was just worried about bringing too much gear.  I'll try to see if I have saved old PM sent to a bunch of colorado members in the past, that I can use as a mailing list.

Jun 27, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #10 of 74
I think last time we were there we got about a dozen or so people, not counting the Singlepower contingent or Ray Samuels. That said we should be able to rustle up a couple more I'd think.

If transport is holding you back, remember I'm coming from Denver area so can help there.

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #11 of 74
Would hope to attend, put me down as a tentative plus. Very modest gear assortment, I'll bring what I can (HD650, DT880, K240M, modded T50RP and the T50RP Thunderpants). The Thunderpants are the ones that Tyll measured over on InnerFidelity last month.

I'm in Boulder for carpool consideration.

- Don

Jul 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #14 of 74

Quote:
Yes, please join us!  Maybe we can all hang out afterwards too?  (unless too long of a return drive for some)

I'd be up for dinner or something afterwards, if anyone else is up for something like that.  Always wanting to try good interesting restaurants.

So, it seems that we have 9 so far.  Pretty good, but hopefully some more people will sign up.

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #15 of 74
HeadFanatic (my son) probably can't be there unless his Boy Scout troop gets back from their canoeing trip in Utah 9 hours early.  He's upset with me because when this meet was in the planning stages it could have been held two weeks later, and then he'd be able to go.  So, that's one less attendee, sorry.  He really likes this hobby, and I'm sad that I helped pick a weekend that he can't come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back