Westone Tour and Colorado Meet, August 7th 2011.
Jul 6, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #16 of 74
I will definitely be coming, perhaps in a wheelchair or crutches if my knee doesn't heal by then from a surgery I'll be getting tomorrow. I am wondering though, will there be donations? Or is Westone covering the expenses?

Quote:
I'm planning to be with probably thetv (Brennan) and digityd62 (Doug). I will be bringing my SM3 and portable rig, hopefully.

That would be my E-Mail username, not my Head-Fi, but w/e

Quote:

I was going to let Westone supply all the IEM, but I would consider bringing a couple of non-Westone IEM like MTPG, RE-262, and Triple.Fi 10 Pro.  The problem is that I don't have enough tips for other people to use and dispose of, so we'd have to use alcohol to clean and re-use the tips.  All three of these IEM use a fat tip and they might actually all work with the same tips, just not with the Westone tips made for smaller sound tubes.

I assume we would use gel tips, as foam tips might get a little nasty
confused_face.gif
. I would look forward to some TF10s since I have not heard them and I have been considering either the Westone 3s, IE8s, or some re-cabled TF10s for a while now. Unfortunately, I have only heard the Westone 3s, but the IE8 sound signature seems right up my alley, and the TF10s get fairly good reviews around here despite the awful cable and comfort issue.

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #17 of 74

Quote:
I will definitely be coming, perhaps in a wheelchair or crutches if my knee doesn't heal by then from a surgery I'll be getting tomorrow. I am wondering though, will there be donations? Or is Westone covering the expenses?

I hope you'll be getting around OK, and that your surgery went well.

As far as I know, Westone is hosting everything.

We could take Head-Fi donations if people would like to contribute.  Westone is also having a raffle (I updated the top post).  I'm not sure the specific details of that yet, but Rachelle said there will be "cool prizes".

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #18 of 74
So I've got some bad news--I just heard that I have a rather urgent matter to attend to that keeps me from attending the meet that day (it's so convenient when others make plans right over yours, isn't it 
mad.gif
) unless we could possibly reschedule a day after. Maybe that way it would be better for Larry's son too, and possibly my friends since I'm unsure if they're going now or not. Just putting that out there of course, no obligation obviously.

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #19 of 74

Quote:
So I've got some bad news--I just heard that I have a rather urgent matter to attend to that keeps me from attending the meet that day (it's so convenient when others make plans right over yours, isn't it 
mad.gif
) unless we could possibly reschedule a day after. Maybe that way it would be better for Larry's son too, and possibly my friends since I'm unsure if they're going now or not. Just putting that out there of course, no obligation obviously.

I sent an email to Rachelle at Westone.  I won't comment further about the possibility until I get a reply, but we'll see.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #21 of 74
I really want to go, but doubt I'll make it. Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and hearing Larry's stash of the "next step" A-B testing is proving tempting. It'd only cost me $200 round trip in gas... Aww, cmon.. Dang it.

Jul 11, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #22 of 74
I hear rumor this event might be moved to 8/20 since about half the people who planned to come on the 6th are unable to attend now.  The organizer will post an update soon.  Just a heads up so we can see if there are a similar number who can't make the 20th.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #23 of 74
Hmm, "BournePerfect" who I've just discovered lives not four miles away from me! I'm wondering if he'd like to ride-share in my car to Denver!  Split the gas Bill - I'm there. It'd only be like $85 after split too. :) Might be woreth it for Rocky mountain Audio fest.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #24 of 74
How did I miss this announcement.  Sure I would like to go but it may conflict with a family thing.  I'll double check the date, but later by a week or two is fine.

cheers

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #25 of 74

Quote:
I hear rumor this event might be moved to 8/20 since about half the people who planned to come on the 6th are unable to attend now.  The organizer will post an update soon.  Just a heads up so we can see if there are a similar number who can't make the 20th.

Westone scheduled their company picnic for the 20th after scheduling this for the 6th.  So, since everyone who originally showed interest is available on the 7th but mostly not on the 6th, we are moving this to Sunday the 7th of August.  I'll update the first post.

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #26 of 74

Quote:
Westone scheduled their company picnic for the 20th after scheduling this for the 6th.  So, since everyone who originally showed interest is available on the 7th but mostly not on the 6th, we are moving this to Sunday the 7th of August.  I'll update the first post.

And I'll update my calendar  :)

Jul 17, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #30 of 74
Not entirely sure I'll be able to do a sunday, pretty much ANY other day would have been better..
hmm I'll see if I can make some alternative arrangements for childcare that day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back