Westone Monitor Vault and Customer Service
Nov 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jigawatts

New Head-Fier
Thought I would give a kudos to Westone for their excellent customer service.  I bought a monitor vault in May of this year.  Just through normal use, the plastic latch cracked all the way through and was about to break completely off.  I had read on the forums about another person who had the same thing happen with his monitor vault.  I thought I should at least email Westone and let them know, in case it's a common problem that they might need to address.  They apologized and shipped me a replacement latch, which arrived in 3 days, and was very easy to install.  I only hope the same thing doesn't happen to this latch, but at least Westone stands behind their products. 
etysmile.gif

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 2
I have seen crack on my monitor vault as well - not on the latch but on the case where the metal pins hold the latch (both side). It wasn't serious enough for replacement so I strengthen the area with superglue and so far it seems to hold itself well enough. No doubt Westone will take care of it but I have my doubt on the choice of plastic material on the monitor vault. It doesn't seems to take stress well, at least far less than what Pelican or Otter box can do, which is a shame as it does have the right size for holding CIEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back