Westone Introduces New ADV Beta IEMS
Jan 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Deviltooth

1000+ Head-Fier
Here's the link to the information for the new Beta IEMs.  I'm not certain if this replaces the Alpha or if both will continue to be sold at the same time.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/WESTONE-ANNOUNCES-SECOND-GENERATION-ADVENTURE-SERIES-BETA-EARPHONES--BRINGING-PREMIUM-SOUND-TO-THE-ACTIVE-LISTENER.html?soid=1102655398472&aid=wq1MYaMe_Hc

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #2 of 3
Wow, Westone and their marketing speak:) The first earphone ever with selectable cable routing. As if they invented something or there have not been a slew of already existing earphones that can be worn both ways. And it seems they didn't change that reflective cable that was so complained about.

Does improved musicality mean they made this one more balanced. This second version came fast maybe cause the first was flawed but most likely since the specs haven't changed so it is another "refresh".  Second generation should be better. 

How the earphone market has exploded and how fast new stuff and new improvements come now, this is a pretty lame second generation product.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #3 of 3
Old thread but I thought I would chime in. I picked up a pair of the beta over a year ago on sale and they languished in my myriad of IEM's but I was playing around my collection a tried them again and remembered why I didn't use these, the cable is scratchy and microphonic. Then I noticed a Sony H3 cable lying beside them and thought, what they heck lets see if it will work. It eliminates this IEM's biggest issue and these give a big bass boost which I have jonesing for ever since my Z5 died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back