Westone ES2, ES3, or ES3X
Jan 22, 2009 at 6:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tstaires

New Head-Fier
So I'm scheduled for my audiologist appointment tomorrow and I'm still trying to decide what IEM to go with. I narrowed it down to going with Westone, but I haven't decided on a model. I spoke with Dale today at Westone and he recommend using the ES3 for my situation. My primary use for these would be stage monitoring.

What is causing me to hesitate on the ES3 is the mid-hump. I'm worried I won't like the sound of these because of this. The ES2's are cheaper but I don't want to sacrifice sound for the sake of cash. On the other hand, if the ES2 will suit, then I won't complain about saving money.

From the review I read on the ES3X they seem like they might be the way to go, but still I'm torn.

Please if anyone can help ASAP it would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 4
well dude; I dont own any of them I own the W3 with custom tips. the ES3 is mainly for vocalists and guitar players, that why the mids are more forward. they would be far too midcentric for normal listening if you want one that can do both duties. I would go for the ES3X myself, but yeah it depends on whether you are willing to just buy them for stage and not use them for anything else.

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I think I'm going to call Dale at Westone one more time before my appointment to discuss the ES3X. I'm leaning a little more toward the ES2 or the ES3X for more dual purpose use.

I would love to hear from someone using the ES3, especially for live use. Also, any more feedback would be appreciated.

Jan 22, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 4
The recent Westone products (W3 and ES3X) seems to target / tuned more for the music listener than musician (in comparison to their older line), which I think might be why Dale would suggest ES3 instead of ES3X... than again, I am sure you want to use your custom for music as well as stage monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back