Westone Bluetooth cable
Oct 23, 2016 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dkstott

Head-Fier
I haven't seen much discussion since the initial review. I'm curious about what folks think about it. I'm leaning towards using it on my W30's. But also wondering if I would be better off just buying Bluetooth earbuds.

Dec 2, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Having used the bluetooth cable for the past 4+ months (since its release) on my W60, I can say I like the bluetooth cable a lot.  The sound quality is very similar to using the MFI cable.  The only downside I have noticed is that 3-5 times per week (I use them daily on my commute to/from work) I notice the sound breaks out for 1/2-1 sec.  Not a huge deal, but slightly annoying.

Also, the battery probably last 4-5+ hours (not actively tested it, but I tend to like to charge things before they run out of battery).  I would also prefer if there is an announcement of the battery % or some type of indicator so you have an idea.  But only some of the Bluetooth Earbuds have those (I think Jays F5 does).

I also have several other pairs of Bluetooth headphones I use/tried (I tried Jays F5 Freedom - don't like the fit of the headphone, returned it) and Beats Wireless 2 (the old version).  I prefer using the Westone Bluetooth for daily commute and light jogs.  For races or when it rains I prefer using the Beats since it appears a bit more durable and I don't care as much on damaging it since it's cheaper.

Overall, I am happy I can use a high-end headphone wireless.  The downside for this things are:

1)  price (it's expensive, you can buy a decent Bluetooth headset)
2)  size is slightly bulky (with the 2 sides hanging down) - but I don't have issues using it for running
3)  Battery - wish it's longer
4)  Occasional skip

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks l, I was looking into a good bt cable for my ciem. I have the trinity now but since I not knowinly ordered the wrong 2 pins instead of mmcx, I can't use it.

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 5
does it matter which phone I use with this cable as long as the phone has aptx

so would 2 different mobile phones which have aptx make the sound of iem sound different 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back