Westone Audio MACH: Launch Tour
May 25, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #31 of 85
Finland , seinajoki.

Neutral sound profile.

Equipment: NAD 3020v2, iphone, ipad pro and laptop.(previous: Ifi black mini, ifi hipdac)

Headphones: original grado sr80 (heavily modified), B&O h6v2, B&O h9v3, Senn Momentum 2 wired,(previous: Denon D5200, B&O h95, B&W px, RHA T20i, Marley liberate air)

Done reviews on Denon D5200 and ifi hipdac v1, have another tour product coming for review shortly ( CMA 15)

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #32 of 85
Just as a heads up, I have four pairs of westone iems, 2x um 30 pros, b50, and w80. Had the shell split on two pairs and got in touch with westone for repair, only to find out that after the two year warranty period elapses, westone refuses to perform any repairs on universal iems - no option to pay for repairs. I think that's a ridiculous proposition for a company that makes $1500 universal iems - if they break after two years, westone considers them trash. I'm certainly not going to be getting any more iems from them.

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #33 of 85
Would love to participate! Haven't heard any Westone iems in years. The UM2 were my first (beloved!) iems and the passion never died since!
  • Your location (City & Country). London, UK
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Extra bass!
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Chord Mojo2, Cayin C9, Shanling M30, Xduoo Link2 Bal, Xduoo Xd05 Plus, Cayin N8ii (maybe)
  • Link to your other reviews. https://eliseaudio.com/blogs/impressions-and-reviews
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own: Westone UM2, Westone W30, Westone W40, Westone UM50 Pro
Cheers!

May 25, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #34 of 85
Would love to participate! Haven't heard any Westone iems in years. The UM2 were my first (beloved!) iems and the passion never died since!
  • Your location (City & Country). London, UK
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Extra bass!
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Chord Mojo2, Cayin C9, Shanling M30, Xduoo Link2 Bal, Xduoo Xd05 Plus, Cayin N8ii (maybe)
  • Link to your other reviews. https://eliseaudio.com/blogs/impressions-and-reviews
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own: Westone UM2, Westone W30, Westone W40, Westone UM50 Pro
Cheers!
Me too, I've still got my UM2 IEM here, it must be quite a rare IEM nowadays.

Edit:

Here you go, old meets newer, UM2 still sounds quite good actually. Good Bass and Mids, its a bit lacking in the treble area somewhere though.

OldWestone.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #35 of 85
Check our post #2 - I have started filling it with tracking details, and will keep updating as we go!
ALL locations (US, EU, Asia) still have a spot or 2 left, and we still have the 4th tour (in the US) that will likely include MACH 50 & 70 or MACH 60 & 80. I will update as we finalize the decision...

May 25, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #36 of 85
Would love to join the tour.
  • Your location (City & Country): Munich, Germany
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs?: Neutral tuning
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review: Lotoo PAW 6000, Questyle CMA-400i
  • Link to your other reviews: https://www.head-fi.org/members/kmmbd.515296/#showcase-reviews
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own: I own the ER2XR and the ER4SE

May 27, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #37 of 85
I was asked about AUS tour... Since we do not have an Australia tour, and since the Asia tour got very few sign-ups:
I will reserve the last 2 spot of the Asia tour to folks from Australia!!!
Friends from down under - sign up for reviewing and comparing the new Westone Audio MACH 10 & 20 IEMs :)

May 27, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #38 of 85
I was asked about AUS tour... Since we do not have an Australia tour, and since the Asia tour got very few sign-ups:
I will reserve the last 2 spot of the Asia tour to folks from Australia!!!
Friends from down under - sign up for reviewing and comparing the new Westone Audio MACH 10 & 20 IEMs :)

Hi, I posted on the previous page, but let me put down my registration again:

• Your location (City & Country). Adelaide, Australia
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Extra bass, but the bass should be deep and tight
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Fiio KA3 and Fiio BTR5 as sources for A/B tests. IEMs for A/B tests: CFA Andromeda 2020, Final Audio E5000 and A4000, Moondrop Blessing 2 and Aria, and possibly some more budget-friendly IEMs.
  • Link to your other reviews. I am starting a review website at https://iegems.nk-tran.com
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own: Etymotic ER2SE
Thanks!

May 27, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #39 of 85
I posted on the previous page
I did not miss you, but wanted to let a couple more folks from AUS a chance to sign up, before I make a decision :)

May 27, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #40 of 85
Your location (City & Country). Melbourne, Australia.

Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Bassy.

Source gear you intend to use for the review. RME ADI2, Ifi imicro black label series, MSB DAC, Bel Canto DAC, Grace M9XX.

Link to your other reviews.
No recent ones due to a recent arrival who's 3 months old today.

List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own: Westone products are W20, 2 W40 because that's how much I like them, Pro50. Plan to buy a B50 if a discounted one shows up.

Etymotic are ER4XR, ER2XR, ER4P, HF5, ER4B.

All iems are currently owned by me.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #43 of 85
Hi, I'd be delighted to participate!
  • Your location (City & Country). Palo Alto, California, United States
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Balanced, with elevated bass and treble at comparable levels
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. phone+dongle, HiBy R3 pro, Shanling Q1, PC+ Modi/IEMagni Schiit stack, iFi hip-dac and Black Label
  • Link to your other reviews. Meze Empyrean, Etymotic EVO
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own. Westone UM Pro 50, Etymotic ER2/SE/XR, ER3XR, ER4/P/S/SR, HF3

Jun 1, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #44 of 85
The tour is now on the way! The IEMs were shipped to the first reviewers in all regions :L3000:
Couple spots still available in US, AUS and EU - sign up if you have not already. If you have - no need to remind me or sign up again...
Also, couple guys were notified by me that they're in, but do not see themselves in post #2 - do not worry. You will be placed there as soon as I work out the order!

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #45 of 85
  • Your location - Lębork, Poland
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Both actually, neutral for critical listening and bass head for guilty pleasure days
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review - iBasso DX312, iFi Gryphon, Shanling UP5 and others in my sig
  • Link to your other reviews. https://www.head-fi.org/members/beh0lder.133721/#showcase-reviews
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own - the Westone W30! My gateway to audio world with DX90 to tag along. They are still with me and see some accasional use. Love the comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back