Westone 4R vs 3XRC question from bass-lover
May 3, 2013 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fauxpossum

New Head-Fier
I understand that this topic is an entirely dead horse, however, everyone speaking about it seems to be looking to keep their bass-encounter minimal. They say that the 3X has more bass but the 4R has wider profile, which leaves me wondering what it is I prefer. Among many things, I've got a guilty pleasure in old analog synth, which tends to have a lot in the basstones region. Would anyone say I'd be looking more for added bass or for the wider profile?

May 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 3
Quantity wise, yes. The um3x has more bass. But the W4R bass is tighter and hits deeper. Comparing IEMs, I would prefer the bass of W4R more. I was once a bass head too using the Hippo VB. But I wasn't disappointed with the bass of W4R.

The um3x and w4r houses pretty much different sound signature. Depending on the genres of music you listen to, the former or the latter may suit you better.

May 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 3
If you are looking for wider soundstage, crisp clear soundquality with bigger bass then JVC FX700, Denon C300, Sennheiser IE8, UE TF10Pro are amazing for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back