Westone 4R for 299USD ...
Oct 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #61 of 135
Yeah i plan on downloading some hi res music and try different tips to see if I can improve bass response even more... the bass is still nice but I'm a bass head so I may never have enoug lol. I love the midrange it's awesome. Very analytical is how I would best describe the sound so far. Clean sound which is good.

You may want to try out modding the triple flange by cutting away the top flange and trimming the stem to your desired comfort level and depth insertion. To me I feel that this is the best tip sonically paired with the W4.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #69 of 135
Actually rereading his post it does sound like he means triple flange which do not come with the w4r, but you would essentially get the same effect from trimming the bottom of the long star tips a bit shorter.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #70 of 135
Actually rereading his post it does sound like he means triple flange which do not come with the w4r, but you would essentially get the same effect from trimming the bottom of the long star tips a bit shorter.
Ok thanks again... im pretty satisfied with the largest silicone tips for sound. The fit is not as good tho I keep having to readjust them. I guess this is all part of the fun of getting new item's. But I'm definitely not comfortable trimming the stem.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #72 of 135
I actually did not receive one, just different size plastic and foam tips. Is that normal?

Yes I was referring to the triple flange tips. It was reported by a few others that they did not receive it together with the pack of star tips recently. However I got mine together inside the star tips. The sound is different from the star tips as it provides a deeper insertion and better isolation in my case. It actually accentuates the low end making it slightly deeper and punchier. Treble extension was also smoother, better extension and more apparent. In short, to me it opens up the sound. To me, the star tips did muffled the sound up slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back