Westone 4r ear tips
Feb 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fuzzychaos

100+ Head-Fier
I have been an over the ear guy for most of my life and have only really used a pair of the, ridiculously cheap, Mono earbuds for portability. So recently I had a desire to get some better quality earbuds (for walking in the evening) and happened across the Westone W4r's. I've had them for about two weeks or so and, I can say I really like the sound, but I am having a tough time with the tips that come with it. The initial tips installed on them when you open the box are the black ring memory foam tips, which are mediums, I think. I tried those, and they were a little too large and hurt my ears severely and I got a headache within a few minutes. After that I tried the green ring memory foam tips, thinking that they would solve that, alas, it didn't. I was able to listen longer, but still, after an hour, get headaches and my inner ear hurts. Finally, I tried the green ring and black ring, rubber (?) tips which solved my headache issues, but they just don't sound as good, not as dynamic and highs had a little sibilance.  Has anyone else experienced this, not just with the Westones, but any earbuds and, if so, what suggestions do you have on a good solution?

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 2
Mods, please delete this thread. As per the rules, I re-posted this in the help section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back