Westone 4 tip muffling with complys
Sep 15, 2011 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Useraid

New Head-Fier
Just got a pair of 4s and was concerned when first listening to them as the sound seemed quite muffled. However I swapped the complys fitted for the white olive type tips and the sound is much clearer. Have many others found this to be an issue or are the complys too large for my ear?

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 11
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA910M-Replacement-SE530PTH-Earphones/dp/B000NDHIKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316126497&sr=8-1

They're also made of foam, but they have a coating so they tend not to soak up highs or ear crud for that matter.  You can wipe them with warm water to clean them, and they last for quite a while.

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 11
Thanks, will look at those. One thing I do notice with W4s is mid and treble are very clear and detailed, but bass seems a bit weak. Would different tips alter this much? Not a bass head by any means but it sounds a bit off balanced.

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA910M-Replacement-SE530PTH-Earphones/dp/B000NDHIKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316126497&sr=8-1

They're also made of foam, but they have a coating so they tend not to soak up highs or ear crud for that matter.  You can wipe them with warm water to clean them, and they last for quite a while.

I just received some of these included with some Xears I purchased.  They are great imo, and don't muffle the sound at all with great fit.

@ Mkubota1......Looking at the Japan show you attended and have to say the pics and narration were amazing...I felt like I was there....

Great job!!!         
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
@ Mkubota1......Looking at the Japan show you attended and have to say the pics and narration were amazing...I felt like I was there....

Great job!!!         
beerchug.gif

Thanks!  They are putting on another show in October which I will also attend.  Stay tuned!

Quote:
Thanks, will look at those. One thing I do notice with W4s is mid and treble are very clear and detailed, but bass seems a bit weak. Would different tips alter this much? Not a bass head by any means but it sounds a bit off balanced.

Yep- W4s are definitely not light on bass, so a better seal should improve the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back