Westone 3's headphones for repairs
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

plegault

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Bought these earphones in August 2009 and they've never been outside - turns out that apparently the left cable is cut at a stress point (?) and they can't repair it.  How long do Westone 3's usually last?  I was expecting a lifetime a little longer than 4 years for 350$ earphones.  Anybody had bad experiences with Westone?  Maybe they can be repaired elsewhere?

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi,

Bought these earphones in August 2009 and they've never been outside - turns out that apparently the left cable is cut at a stress point (?) and they can't repair it.  How long do Westone 3's usually last?  I was expecting a lifetime a little longer than 4 years for 350$ earphones.  Anybody had bad experiences with Westone?  Maybe they can be repaired elsewhere?

This is where the actual horror begins... i mean once when u done with the westones given Warranty period , u have to find ur own way ( unless if u want to give it back to westone and another 200$ get a out of warranty replacement pair)  i have a pair of westone 4's which i bought back in 2011... had a driver issue... even it was inside the warranty period they asked me to pay 250$ for a replacement unit.. there Wonky excuse was that my drives had moisture.. which i wont believe due cuz i have sunk the IEM's everyday after use inside of a dry silicon bag... even i change the silicon every 1 month...   At least Sennheiser warranty was better.. lol  

i heard their is a company who will fix the cables... u can ask them about it.. u can even make ur pair a removable one :) 

good luck man....

http://www.headphonerepair.com/?wpsc-product=earbud-repairs        - chek this guy for the movement :p

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 4
I had the same thing happen to my W3 with the same response from Westone. $175 for a replacement.  I opted to send them to Brian Goto at BTG Audio.  He modified them to accept replaceble cables and he did a great job. Check em out,  I just couldnt bring myself to pay more money to Westone on top of the $400 so i spent less at BTG and ordered some detachable cables too.  

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I had the same thing happen to my W3 with the same response from Westone. $175 for a replacement.  I opted to send them to Brian Goto at BTG Audio.  He modified them to accept replaceble cables and he did a great job. Check em out,  I just couldnt bring myself to pay more money to Westone on top of the $400 so i spent less at BTG and ordered some detachable cables too.  

x2 for BTGAudio here are my BTGAudio Removeable cable modded se530's he does excellent work excellent turn around time about 2 week or less.he charges $45.00 the quality and workmanship is top notch definitly check him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back