Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...old news.

Don't tell me they're available already
etysmile.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by judestudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. Most probably. It's a small world, and even smaller for those with headphones clamped to their heads.

And smaller still for those of us with expensive little transducers shoved halfway up our ear canals.

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #19 of 35
I would just like to remind everyone that this model is the Westone 3, not the UM3. The upcoming Westone 3 is part of a different series than the UM-models, and it is geared towards personal listening.

We may see a Westone 1, 2, or UM3 someday, but for now get this one right.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #20 of 35
agreed, but it is just so easy to call it the UM3.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think they might be unwise to break that naming structure, but in the end it might be the smarter thing to do - have a series for music listening and a series more geared towards prefessional applications.

Apr 3, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #21 of 35
Looks sleek but I still wish they'd consider using a thicker cord. It doesn't need to be as THICK as a typical Shure cord but what's with this flimsy, 2 Ety cords wrapped around each other thing? When I had my E4cs I felt like I could snag that mutha on anything and still have a pair of IEMs to listen to. I dunno, just felt like commenting.

-T

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 35
Tony - I think you have UM2's (or you did) - right? I cannot understand someone who has a set wanting any change form those cords. They are from out of this world they are so good. There are more reports of the jumper cable size cords on e500 failing then UM cords.

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #24 of 35
Yeah, I had the UM2s. Honestly, my only complaint about them WAS the cord. Now don't misunderstand me- it wasn't a big complaint. Just something that, if possible, I would change. It probably depends on how the user wears them.

I can only speak for myself. I'm 6'2'' tall. The cord was definitely a little on the short side for me. If wearing them behind my head so that the cord went down my back and then around to my front pocket- I can hardly hold my ZV:M out in front of me without pulling on the cord. Obviously I didn't like that so much.

And as for the build of the cord- I thought it was very delicate. I wasn't about to test it out and pull on it with all my might but I had snagged it a couple of times and i feared for my life. Granted, it's a very lightweight cord, which is great; and the microphonics are pretty much non-existent. I guess I just prefer a heavier cord so that I have some confidence in knowing that it won't rip apart. This is why I love the UE cords- they're replaceable!

I think that for listening at home where there isn't much movement the UM2's cord is just fine. But for me, who is on the go a lot I need to know that my cord is not going to rip, deteriorate, etc. This is why I wasn't a huge fan of the UM2 cord.

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #25 of 35
UM cord being too short? I will give you that.

As far as the other stuff - I sort of agree, sort of not. It does SEEM like it might be flimsly, but that was the point I was trying to make above - in my time here I have not heard of anyone breaking or damaging a UM cord. Oddly enough you hear about the e500 cord coming out of the IEM's or fraying. That just shows that size does not always matter.
smily_headphones1.gif

But I do prefer a replaceable cable.

BTW, my UE5c's [what you should have picked
basshead.gif
] will be here Friday.

Apr 16, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #27 of 35
As the owner of Tony's old UM2's, I very much agree with all of his statements regarding the cabling. Granted, they have served me well so far, and there has been no hint of failure, but none of my IEMs have ever experienced cable failure. Its the WORRY about cable failure or damage that gets me. I feel like if I snagged them on something it'd be lights out. Some memory wire wouldnt hurt either (if for nothing else, ease of removal).

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #30 of 35
It looks HUEG... like Xbox!

Sorry.

(But it looks pretty damn big though. Perhaps it's the angle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back